Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys...I know your frustration is building and building but having collected my DS on Saturday I can tell you that the DS is a revelation, as you can see from my signature I have had 3 FL2's the DS is a world apart from the FL2 it is simply in another class. The refinement and quality is light years ahead the 'infotainment' as its called is brilliant....absolutely no need to spend £2500 on the highline system the standard HSE system is superb.

Stop start takes some getting used to but is fine after a day or two....as is the driving position..I've just traded a Range Rover Sport for the DS so I was a bit concerned that I would feel too low, but no problem you just get used to it being different.

How anyone can say the engine is noisy even at idle or the gearbox hunts for gears etc etc is beyond me...... :?

Oh.. anyone who has ordered Scotia Grey I can tell you everyone and I mean everyone who has seen it loves it....yes its grey then green then grey depends on the light but it suits the car so well...

Gripes...none really, build quality is extremely good currently getting 39 to the gallon :D

Those who condemn the DS as not a proper Landrover are just Ludites....it is simply brilliant :D

I would like to just give a shout for GS at Wakefield simply brilliant I travel over 100 Miles to deal with them best LR dealer by far :D

I would post pictures if someone could tell me how :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Slider, you made the waiting even harder...
I would appreciate some pics as I myself wait for Scotia grey and to be honest have not seen one in flesh. to upload pics simply klick on the upload attachment button.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glad you love your car and the colour because we have picked Scotia. Hoping for a Friday pickup if there are no delays. It amazes me as well when the mags complain about the engine as I thought on the test drive it was very refined. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Please try and upload photos..... Since ordering Scotia Grey I have got more and more doubtful about whether I made the right choice!! I am desperately in need of reassurance!! :roll:

·
Registered
230 Posts
To post pics... If pics taken from a camera you would have to transfer them to PC first. If online on mobile or a tablet, take the pics on that device and then go onto the forums
go to Post Reply not Quick Reply.
below the text box where you write you will see Upload Attachments. Click that, then your options will be slightly diff depending on device, but one of the folders there will be gallery or my docs, pictures. You then select the ones to upload.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will have a go at uploading pics later today.... :D

Twobar...honestly I cannot for one moment think you will disappointed...when collecting mine it was in the delivery area at the dealers which is in the showroom....the showroom was busy but the talking point was my DS and everyone said how the colour really suited the car :D

By the way I have found one more gripe...the standard ambient lighting is crap :( no door bin lights or door handle illumination which was on my RRS....unless someone can tell me I have not got the config right. :?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Totally agree about the ambient lighting. It's nothing like the option shows it on their website and not was I was expecting.
I am in talks with LR about this and another few things. As for the car though... totally agree it looks and drives amazing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
DiscoDave said:
I am in talks with LR about this and another few things.
Hi DiscoDave, may I ask what the other thing are ? The reason I'm asking is because hopefully I am picking mine up soon and I'll be checking the ambient lights and puddle lights, and didn't know if there was anything thing else I should be looking at.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nubmaster said:
DiscoDave said:
Hi DiscoDave, may I ask what the other thing are ? The reason I'm asking is because hopefully I am picking mine up soon and I'll be checking the ambient lights and puddle lights, and didn't know if there was anything thing else I should be looking at.
I've noticed you've ordered the Lux, make sure that you have the premium mats because mine was delivered with the standard mats that you get in the HSE, my dealer is investigating why my HSE Lux didn't have premium there is about £50 difference between standard and premium.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Many thanks LRDSport, I'll make sure I check them too

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nubmaster said:
DiscoDave said:
Hey,

Well I am pissed that the Adaptive Dampers went missing from what marketing say to what was delivered (I did order mine back in Oct though).
Apart from that and the lighting I haven't found anything else. We do love the new DS but I think marketing really screwed a few things up. The dampers is an expensive option to suddenly just vanish.

Enjoy your new ride :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you look at the pic it "should" be on the centre console. I have a tiny light near the top blind switch. It also looks like there is some light around the edge of the door inside trim. However it's not very clear.

Basically the image above shows the option you get with HSE and it's NOT what we are getting.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Land Rover charge £200 to let's change the colour.

I remember when I first got my Evoque and felt a bit underwhelmed by the ambient Iighting, I just left it on blue.

So it's just a white light we have as standard on HSE.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi All,

In regards to the Interior Ambient Mood Lighting, this has a variance across the derivatives. The description in the brochure is as follows:

New levels of ambient refinement and personalisation have been reached with the option of Customer Configurable Mood Lighting. Using a combination of coloured LEDs, this feature allows occupants to vary the shade, changing the ambience of the cabin to suit their mood. There are five colours in total to suit every taste and mood, ranging from white through to moon light and red.

However to clarify, the specifications are as follows (dependant on options selected):

Discovery Sport S:
Front Downlighter
Rear Downlighter

Discovery Sport SE Tech / HSE:
Front Downlighter
Rear Downlighter
Front door signature lines
Rear door signature lines

Discovery Sport HSE Luxury:
Front Downlighter
Rear Downlighter
Front door signature lines
Rear door signature lines
Front door bin illumination
Rear door bin illumination
IP/ Console illumination

Hope this clears this up.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks Pete, however thats not what they are showing on their website.
As for the signature lines, I will have to look again in the pitch black because I couldn't see much.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.