Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SE Tech and was most surprised to have my windscreen wash reservoir empty without a warning popping up on the dashboard as I had in my Freelander 2 HSE. Does the DS have this facility or is it only on higher models? Seems such a little thing but in the winter having warning that your fluid is on the low side side. This can be a life saver as I do 30 miles each way everyday on country roads.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Should be standard across the range. Have you got warnings activated in the in car menus?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Checked my settings and all warnings are on. Checked the handbook and there just does not seem to be a low level warning indicator. If anyone can confirm it looks like Land Rover are getting a bit cheap in the new models.........hope I'm wrong

·
Registered
677 Posts
Did incontrol remote show it as being empty? perhaps LR are relying too much on this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can confirm that HSE model has low level warning for screenwash. Showed up on the instrument panel after a squirt today.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Incontrol should show it being low, if you use the demo version of the app it shows it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
That's what I said, Incontrol should alert you to it being low.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Should display this.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Get in contact with your suppliers, they should be able to advise you

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife has just come home moaning that her screenwash has run out and she didnt even get a warning light etc -
SE Tech spec

Further, after stopping to fill it up at she could not get the bloody bonnet to shut - eventually only succeeding after dropping/shutting it with considerable force. (another known issue?)

pretty piss poor corner cost cutting in my opinion on the level indicator -

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I get a warning on dash with HSE and phone on incontrol so it sounds like a spec difference along with keyless entry, etc

Manufacturers obviously offer additional features to justify price difference on models and they show the big items in marketing literature but I guess some of the smaller detail like screen wash warning appear to be less publicised and this causes confusion

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
JonnyBravo said:
Further, after stopping to fill it up at she could not get the bloody bonnet to shut - eventually only succeeding after dropping/shutting it with considerable force. (another known issue?)
I too find the bonnet lid somewhat difficult to close. The trouble is that it's aluminium and can easily be damaged by dropping or using excessive force.

My dealer suggested shutting it one side at time rather than drying to shut it in one go and then only by applying careful pressure directly above the catches.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No warning on mine neither. Not something I lose sleep on but it would have been handy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There's a big rubber bung each side, on the underside of the bonnet. These can be adjusted in or out to a point where the bonnet shuts without too much force and doesn't rattle. God knows how much force the dealer must have used when he did the PDI??

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have never seen a low washer fluid warning on either of my 2 previous Freelander 2s or current HSE.
The reservoir is 4L and I top up each weekend regardless of how much I think I've used.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.