Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the process of finishing a write up on the DS and noticed how good the Stainless trim panels look, I expect they cost a few bob but they do look good -

BTW, I stand corrected but remain surprised at the use of two exhausts, one with twin boxes for the spare fitted vehicle and this with no spare just a can of gunge - I looked.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Window Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
I get a bit fed up polishing the exhaust tips on one of my other cars so I can't imagine how hacked off I'd be with the autosol on that expanse of shiny metal. Nice to see the roof rails in those shots. Much more of a slender open design than I'd imagined. Hope the black ones look ok on my black roof.

As for the exhaust I guess they were only left with that solution, especially as I think some markets require a spare. What does surprise me however is how cheap the skinny spare is as an option given that you're paying for the tyre, the wheel, the jack, the tools, the winch system AND a different exhaust.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would prefer if they were brushed/satin finish rather than shiney SS. Not going to work on my de-chromed DS.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I find there is a very fine line between tasteful and tacky. For me personally I would only put the side tubes on, I think too much stainless steel on a dark car is a bad look.

Each to there own though.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they a a bit bling, may sell more over the pond :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts