Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am assuming someone is going to be taking delivery of a 2016MY new engine DS in the first week of September.
Who has the earliest delivery date. Once you take delivery could you let the rest of us know how the engine drives? If you have an auto, does it get the right gears at the right time? And does feel well put together?

Mine isn't scheduled to be delivered until the first week of October - can't wait.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Was hoping to pick up Monday but now looking at Friday

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool - only days away. Shame about the date slipping. After the anticipation that must have been a bit of a downer. Anyway, good luck and let know how you get on.
Anyone sooner?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been told 2nd week of Sept. Am desperately pushing my dealership to try and get it before 11th because we are going to Center Parcs and need to borrow a relative's car. I first ordered my Disco in Feb, so desperate now!

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
To be fair dealer did say between 1st and 4th of September when I ordered and he would do his best to have it ready 1st so I can't complain

Will be taking train Yorkshire to Wales Friday to collect then Oxford for daughter graduation and back to Yorkshire Saturday/Sunday so will give it a good test drive and report my thoughts asap

·
Registered
172 Posts
Before the 7th, but dont know when yet as my salesman is away and not back until Monday. Fingers crossed for Thursday (the 1st day Im free to collect it).

On the 7th I'm going from Birmingham to Hastings so a good run to report on.

·
Registered
829 Posts
And...who already got a new MY2016 brochure as per my other topic?

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I downloaded mine

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
:cool:

I'm so jealous :mrgreen:

Have a great day :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
Remember it's incumbent on first owners to let the rest of us have a full description of their new vehicles. I suppose the chat on the engine will be particularly interesting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looking forward to see the engine chat as well as to hear it :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
abhisach said:
I've been told 2nd week of Sept. Am desperately pushing my dealership to try and get it before 11th because we are going to Center Parcs and need to borrow a relative's car. I first ordered my Disco in Feb, so desperate now!
Ask them to lend you their 2.2 demo if they haven't sold it, can't see much demand for any test drives now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
PedroT said:
Wonder who got last of MY15
Every one that fell for the JLR marketing ploy, sorry couldn't resist.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just picked up my new Ingenium engined Disco Sport this morning. I arrived at 7:30 and got a nice 1 hour handover from my local dealer, Morrisons of Stirling. I've just driven into work - just over 40 miles of driving. The first 30 miles were motorway driving at between 65 - 70 mph, mostly using the cruise control. At motorway speeds, the engine is very quiet, with excellent pickup when accelerating - very responsive for a 2 litre diesel in a heavy car. My car's an SE Tech on 18 inch wheels, and road noise and vibration were very well isolated. The 9 speed gearbox seems very well matched to the engine - no hunting as far as I could tell. In fact, the gearbox is very unobtrusive, and I'm not conscious of it changing gear most of the time. I achieved 42 mpg on this leg according to the trip computer. The extra urban quoted is 60 mpg, but that would be at a lower speed.
The last section was urban driving. The start stop system works very well - better than on my BMW. However, the engine is slightly harsh at tickover and when accelerating below 1,000 rpm. You can feel and hear some gruffness and vibration. There's also a slight turbo lag at low speeds (not the built in delay when you've applied the brakes, just a slight hesitancy before it picks up), but apart from that, it's very nippy around town. I was getting 34 mpg in this section, against a quoted 45 mpg. Again, on the 18" wheels, the ride is excellent on streets around town.
I had the loan of a 2.2D Disco Sport for a day back in April, and from memory, I would say that the new engine is significantly quieter than the old. The fuel consumption is significantly better than I was achieving in the old car, and the car seems more responsive - I would say that the gearbox is better suited to the power curve of the new engine, with more torque from lower down the rev range. The demo car had 20" wheels, and had a much harsher ride.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Excellent news :cool:

Enjoy :mrgreen:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks Gordon. Sounds good.
Perhaps you can give us an update in a few days?
Can't wait to get mine!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.