Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I while away the weeks waiting for delivery I start reading all that information available to understand as much about the car as possible. This has led me to the subject of tyres.

The approved tyres in the 19 inch size at 255/55 (speed V, load index 111) appear to be as follows:

Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather
Pirelli Scorpion Zero
Continental 4x4 Contact

The first two are approved in the 18 inch size also.

I guess what cars will be delivered with depends on supplies at the factor as the line runs and is not dependent on wheel design?

The tyres are rated differently though (fuel/wet grip/noise):

Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather (C/C/70)
Pirelli Scorpion Zero (C/C/72)
Continental 4x4 Contact (E/C/74)

I for one will be hoping for the Goodyear - a lot! Although I've not found the wear ratings for them all yet.

Sorry if this is a bit anal for some :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
My build spec said Goodyear which is a same as the Pirelli Scorpions gave me 40k miles on my FL2

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not even sure my post is right now because although I followed the tyre link the chart I used turns out to be for the Discovery 3/4, so I might have it all wrong - doh. Still prefer the Goodyears as they are the quietest.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The Scorpions on my D3 only lasted 20k,
I replaced those with MTR,s which did 70k (ok they where a bit noisy), the AT2 where wearing well when I sold it, they would do 30k I am sure.

·
Registered
323 Posts
This won't help but may give an insight... In instances of multiple tyre supply it will likely depend on wheel style as OEMs like to balance vehicle supply across different brands (unless tyres are bespoke to the vehicle e.g. McLaren MP4-12 etc.)

·
Registered
829 Posts
All 19" tyres I have seen have been Continental CrossConyacts. The 20" are always Pirelli SCORPION VERDE All-Season
245/45 R20 99V LR ECOIMPACT BSW. Labels for the latter are best in class: C fuel efficiency, C for roadholding and wet roads & 71db noise

Amazingly I found these 20" tyres to just cost EUR 152 each (gbp 115)

http://www.autobandenmarkt.nl/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=107&cart_id=46808552.107.18202&sowigan=GAN&Breite=245&Quer=45&Felge=20&Speed=&kategorie=6&Marke=&ranzahl=4&tyre_for=&x_tyre_for=&rsmFahrzeugart=ALL&search_tool=standard&Label=C-C-71-2&details=Ordern&typ=R-228674

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
All versions with 20'' wheels I've see (and that's quite a few) have been fitted with Conti's......a good many 19'' are Contis as well....I was hoping for Pirelli Scorps on mine but I fear that it will come with Contis....so bye bye outer shoulders on the fronts :cry:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why this modern focus on silence while motoring? :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
All the DSs I've seen are shod with Conti's. I've no idea what they'll be like wear wise or grip.

For the past 17 years my SUVs have all had Goodyear Wranglers and those have performed excellently for wear and grip. Hoping my DS will come with them on, but I really doubt it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
All my previous land rovers have had scorpions fitted and have been brilliant.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have had 3 FL's all fitted with Goodyear Wrangler, no probe at all and good mileage.
The FL2 i am trading in for my DS has done 34000 miles so can't complain. New DS scheduled to be with dealer end of March.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, almond interior P.Glass, flaps, rubber mats, spare wheel, bright finish tread-plates just added TSR.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Strappe, what is TSR in your signature? Probably obvious!

·
Registered
344 Posts
TSR is traffic sign recognition. An option available.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Saw this DS HSE Lux in Beadles dealer today. Thought you might want to see tyres.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts