Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Like many our FL2 is up for renewal and were looking at the Discovery Sport as a replacement. We're UK based as that seems to affect the engine options and I've specd out the following:

Disco Sport HSE
2.0 TD4 - Auto
Corris Grey
Fixed Pano Roof
Privacy Glass
Entertainment Pack
Black Head liner
Additional USB port in first row

Is it worth holding out for a while for the new 2.0 TD4 engine, reading up this will be 150PS and front wheel drive only?

Also are there any options which are a must and would affect later resale value?

Thanks !

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you've already ordered the 2.0 TD4 then that will be the new engine.

But new engines are 150 or 180 I think. As all engines from September have to be EU6 then there wil 2WD and 4WD

·
Registered
404 Posts
UK specs are 5+2 seating with 180PS engine ( 2.0 Ingenium). The 150Ps 5-seat 2WD "E-Capability" version is not available to order yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What is the E-Capability? Can someone please explain?

·
Registered
829 Posts
MY2016 press release on LR website

·
Registered
829 Posts
Agree, entertainment pack is expensive and makes your SatNav look positively 1999

USB rear seats and I would certainly order a skinny spare (7seat) but rather buy the 2.0 Ingenium 5 seater if you don't need 7 seats and resulting 100kg! extra weight

Premium matts?
Detachable towbar?
20" alloys? (car retains amazing levels of comfort)

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Don't be put off entertainment pack, ask to see (and hear) car with it in, it's brilliant in my opinion and I'm not having problems with sat nav like some without it are.

·
Registered
86 Posts
worth looking at adaptive lights.
not worth looking at ambient mood lighting.
glass roof is great IMO but is noisier driving under dripping trees, rocks.
memory seats worth looking at.
the entertainment pack with split screen uses an older version of touch screen if I understand correctly.
black roof with glass works well, without glass a bit, well, black.
I also very much like the keyless entry + power tailgate.

·
Registered
344 Posts
philn
The 2 wheel drive is to attract the city school run clients who have no intention of going off road but want the Landrover street cred.

·
Registered
677 Posts
E capability is still 4WD or have I miss read the brochure?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Just checked eD4 2WD, E capability is the 4WD 150hp 5 seaters and get this, we will all know who has one because they come with a blue Sport badge :lol: and a rather horrid set of alloys.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Think about the memory seats especially if u have had them before. It's not necessarily the seat memory option but the side mirrors tilt door wards when reversing which I had on the D4 and now miss. I didn't think I would miss it but I definitely do

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.