Votes: 45 76.3%
  • <t>Manual</t>

Votes: 14 23.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if this poll has been done already but just out of interest which box is going into your DS?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Manual.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Quite frankly if the dealer rang and said it was black and a manual even though I ordered a white auto i would take it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Auto.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, privacy glass, bright finish treadplates, flaps, rubber mats, spare wheel, traffic sign recognition, 3 additional USBs, service pack. Delivery to dealer end of March, date TBC.
Pentland Cupar.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Auto gearboxes are the way to go. My 9 speed is great, although there is a little thwhump, when going from 2-3.

·
Registered
677 Posts
There will always be a place for manuals.

Love the automated manual in my coach at work, but prefer a manual in a car.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Auto! After 7 years of bliss with the 6 speed auto, there couldn't be any other choice. Though I drove the manual pre production car and it too was excellent!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think the Auto gearbox is superb. Very smooth and you can't really notice the gear change. Auto boxes have come on so much in the last few years. The only reason I can see for choosing the manual gearbox would be the cost, but I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Freeway, The manual is fabulous, but the auto is excellent. Try both (I have) but I've had seven excellent years with my 6 speed auto and this is the same manufacturer but with extra cogs. The change is seamless and cruising revs are lower than my 6 speed. If you get into traffic jams a lot, the auto is a godsend.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Manual for me; currently driving RR Evoque automatic and while very comfortable I also enjoy the gearshift of a good manual. Shifting up with automatic worked well, launch of car was fixed by RICA chip (much smoother) yet I do like to use the engine braking at roundabouts etc and found the automatic to hardly shift down (and can't be bothered with flippers)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts