Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Last february I ordered my HSE and decided to take the TD4 engine; I decided not to take the SD4 because the carbon emission.

well, this week the car dealer told me that I was ging to receive the new 2016 engine ingenium instead but he has not a clear picture about what I was going to receive, but I still can chane the engine.

If somebody can help?

I think that the 2 new option are the 163 CV with more power, but less torque than the td4
anf the 180 CV with less power but more torque than the sd4.

it seems that the 2nd one may cost 2000 euros more. (but the dealer wasn't sure)

I am not sure if these figures for the new engines will correspond to the discovery, I found them for the Jaguar XE.

For the lucky DS drivers: are you satisfied by your engine td4 or sd4 (power point of view) in an automatic box.
cheers
javi

·
Registered
829 Posts
2.0 Ingenium will be 150bhp or 180bhp. As difference is small when you compare performance numbers of Jaguar, I would choose 150bhp (and possibly tune for Eur 600 if really needed)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your hint. I will probably follow your choice. It is a pity that I don't know how is the price differance here.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The additional price for 180HP over 163HP on Jaguar XE is £500

·
Registered
33 Posts
I guess i'm in the same position. I recently ordered a HSE auto for Sept 1st delivery presuming I would get a 2.2d (190?) UK Model.

Dealer now saying the spec's for MY16 are released on Monday 27th. Not sure I want a 150bhp, did I read somewhere there is a 180bhp version too?

Confused..... :? :?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Indeed choice of 2.0 Ingenium diesel in both 150 bhp (actually PK/PS) or 180 PS/PK. The 150bhp is both available as Ed4 2WD in January 2016 while the TD4 150 is delivered from September onwards. Difference in 0-60mph of 150 versus 180 is some 0.5sec on Jaguar XE and RR Evoque. Both have plenty of torque which does mean neither is slow (circa 10.5 sec 0-60mph)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'll put money on the 0-60 time being under 9 sec for the 180... The evoke figures are a guide... the DS is slightly different weight and dimension/drag coefficient wise so will be a bit different... double figures 0-60 would be totally unacceptable on a LR vehicle with a sport badge!
I've never had a LR before so am quite happy to get the new euro 6 engine.

Monday it is then, lets hope the boffins at LR work out the packaging and testing...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Simonl72 said:
At 10.5 seconds that's still 2 seconds slower than the current engine?
I am talking about the minimal performance to expect, so LR DS with Ingenium 2.0 180 diesel engine with manual gearbox should return 10.5sec 0-100 (not 0-60mph, my mistake). I base this on RR Evoque 2.0 180 diesel manual which does 10sec. 150 version should be slightly slower yet likely to have similar performance in 2WD which is considerably lighter. Automatic is faster yet due to additional friction (and therefore more CO2 and fuel consumption) is also has a 5kmh/3mph lower topspeed on the RR Evoque

Seems monday is the day we get to finally see the MY2016 press release!

·
Registered
829 Posts
philn said:
I thought the DS weighed more than the evoque which by my logic makes it slower with the same engine.
Hence I expect 0.5 sec slower and commented:

I am talking about the minimal performance to expect, so LR DS with Ingenium 2.0 180 diesel engine with manual gearbox should return 10.5sec 0-100 (not 0-60mph, my mistake). I base this on RR Evoque 2.0 180 diesel manual which does 10sec.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I note that the new 2.0 180 engine on the evoque is badged as a TD4 rather than SD4 and the 2.2 187 SD4 isn't listed any more.. Is it fair to assume that a SD4 variant with >180 will be in the pipeline for Evoque and DS ? or does the SD4 badge get retired ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you think the new engine Ingenium 2.0 Auto will be more responsive than the old 2.2 or is it entirely up to the gearbox to handle this job?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for all your opinions.
I just went back from the dealer and decided to go for the 180 hp.
There is no information yet about price and performances, but by comparing with the evoque, the 180 engine should be a little bit cheaper than the SD4 version. We will see next week, i should get the new contract...
According to the dealer, the changes in the orders must be done before next tuesday to have a good delivery date, we will see. Mine is still planned for september...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ingenium engine has been announced today 27 April: press release says (extract only):
Land Rover has announced its innovative Ingenium diesel engine will be introduced to the Discovery Sport. Following its highly successful launch in September 2014, the premium compact SUV will now be available with enhanced performance and economy.
The Ingenium-powered Discovery Sport will also be designated an 'E-Capability' vehicle, with a blue 'Sport' badge highlighting the most efficient variant. E-Capability will apply to five-seat models fitted with either the 150PS or 180PS Ingenium engine, with 18-inch wheels and low rolling resistance tyres. Additionally, the final drive gearing and engine calibrations have been optimised to provide the lowest possible CO2 for the vehicle.
Initially the Ingenium engine will be available to order in Europe and South Korea from May 2015. An even more efficient front-wheel drive Ingenium equipped Discovery Sport will be added to the range later in 2015.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be speaking to my local dealer today to try and find out some more, interesting that they quote performance for the 180PS with an * and the note states this is for the 5 seater automatic - this is definitely an option I'd want we had 7 seats in a Renault Grand Scenic back in 2005, had the car 6 years and used the back seats twice

1 - 20 of 20 Posts