Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I had on my 2008 Freelander winter wheel 17 ", do you think they will be compatible with the new Discovery sport.

Thank you
:roll:

·
Registered
138 Posts
My dealer gave me a straight NO. Maybe he just wanted to get my Freelander 2 with twin tyres and sell another set for my new DS.
One would assume the Freelander 2, Evoque and Discovery Sport have similar setup but I don't have any exact information.
Since I ordered my DS with Satin Gray summer wheels I might actually buy a new set of black winter wheels.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I heard today that the smallest wheel that will fit over the DS's brake calipers is an 18"..... Waiting for confirmation on this though.

Anyone got a 17" wheel they can offer up to their new DS's wheel hub to see if it fits over the brakes?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Checking the disc size will tell you, the DS has 325 discs if the Freelander has 315 then you probably as Adam said need 18" rims

·
Registered
677 Posts
17s are available for the DS, Duckworths have them.

Part number LR066480, style 105, same as Evoque.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
:D just seen those to.
PCD and spigot is the same as the Freelander (and a lot of Fords)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awesome, that gives me some more off-road tire options, 17's it is, thanks!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I would say yes as German base models have 17" alloys as standard. Also if you delve into TOPIX you will find that 17" wheels are approved as winter tyres 225 or 235 profile 17".

On my last RRE I hgad 17"GS alloys from a 2008 FL2, so since they are all the same running gear underneath 9no matter what line JLR try to sell us) they will fit.

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=502600&groupId=1655#a101cbc7-bcb9-480f-b57b-2c626cb84905!!2!449

your dealer needs to read about their own products!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts