Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is on delay, it's an SE Tech, but I'm having a few things amended, like black badges and grills etc. it's the original 2.2 engine, which I was happy about.

However... The car is on hold with no ideas of when it will arrive. I went for this model thinking I would get it a lot earlier than waiting for the new engine.
Now as time is ticking along I'm wondering if I should bale, and just go for the HSE Black, the monthly payments aren't much different, but the residual is higher.
My question is, would you prefer to wait for the Ingenium?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Bongo80 said:
My car is on delay, it's an SE Tech, but I'm having a few things amended, like black badges and grills etc. it's the original 2.2 engine, which I was happy about.

However... The car is on hold with no ideas of when it will arrive. I went for this model thinking I would get it a lot earlier than waiting for the new engine.
Now as time is ticking along I'm wondering if I should bale, and just go for the HSE Black, the monthly payments aren't much different, but the residual is higher.
My question is, would you prefer to wait for the Ingenium?
How do you get these items amended?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do I convince them to do that? Any tips appreciated.

Re amendments, the body shop are doing a 'black pack' for me. I like the black surrounds etc, so they said they could mimick a black pack

·
Registered
353 Posts
I waited until I could order the MY16 with the ingenium engine, so glad I have now because I have now ordered the HSE Black which wasn't available when I first started looking, plus after reading 90% of the posts on here I'm hoping that at least 50% of the snags will have been rectified by JLR. Can but hope ;-)

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I've had my eye on the DS since it was announced but have waited for the 2.0 because everything I've read has been critical of the 2.2 engine and buyers read this stuff so it matters when you come to sell.

I bought a rrsport black when they stopped production and just lost the most money I've ever lost on a vehicle so I will never buy an outgoing model again.

10 years ago I bought a disco 2 metropolis has they stopped production and thought I did ok when I sold it so the rrsport loss was unexpected but times have changed.

I would wait now and feel a modified old model will lose more than a new genuine black.

I expected a long wait but I was offered pick of the new models with delivery beginning of September :mrgreen:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I wouldn't delay, I've no interest in the new engine.

The new engine is, less powerful, needs AdBlue and fuel economy is minimal compared to the out going 2.2.

The 2.2 is tried and tested over many years this 2.0 is too much of the unknown, it'll be the Rover K series all over again. They can't bolt a car together properly never mind an engine.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Bongo80 said:
what kind of lead time are you looking at that for the HSE Black?
Hi Bongo80, ordered beginning of June, expect delivery back end of Sept, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
829 Posts
New 2.0 ingenium diesel gets raving reviews in Jaguar XE, only a matter of time that same comments on "much improved refinement, real top end power and better economy" appear for DS 2.0 Ingenium diesel

This forum will always be split initially on the benefits of the new 2.0 engine while most have the old 2.2 diesel

Wait 1-2 years and expect a much more uniform reaction, even on this forum, favouring new over old. And that...impacts residuals

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I might have waited if I'd realised (my own fault - poor research - but not helped by misleading adverts from LR) that the Ford engine was NOT the one providing the better MPG figures widely advertised.

It also appears to me some people e.g. our members in "NL" already have jag engined cars. I had assumed no-one did. then I assumed only dealer demonstrators were (I never even asked what engine our demo car had, wasn't aware there WERE any Jag engines around yet!) so all in all a slightly bad taste from LR's handling of the whole thing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We certainly would have waited for the Ingenium engine should we not need the car by April. Overall I am equally pleased with the "old" engine, especially with regards to its power and smoothness, amid its rather poor MPG compare to its rivals.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nobody drives a DS with 2.0 Ingenium engine yet, no press cars, no dealer cars as production only starts 13th of July...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Last weekend at the Goodwood Festival of Speed Land Rover had a MY16 Ingenium model on the stand.

There was nobody around so I popped the bonnet. I'm not sure anybody has yet shown a picture of the new engine so I've attached one. If you look closely near the bulkhead you can see a small cap that had AdBlue on it, not sure if this was a top up or the main fill up (it's in the boot on a AUDI Q5). A friend noticed that it had a build date of May 2015 on the slam panel label. There was also a crude '13_05_2015' stamped on the panel, pre-production?

The model as you would expect was a HSE LUX in corris grey with option alloys.

Hope this gives people an idea of what to expect in September.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Nobody drives a DS with 2.0 Ingenium engine yet, no press cars, no dealer cars as production only starts 13th of July...
Ah - I took your sig as indication that you did exactly that. Are you just telling us what you're waiting for?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree with J77! Would I wait for the new engine? All aluminium, electric, oil pump, electric water pump and Ad Blue? Too many unknowns in my opinion, so insisted our two DS's came with the tried and trusted old engine. Two years down the line when the Ingenium engine is proven I'll happily take one. In the mean time in a 'told you so' way I look forward to seeing all the problems with the new engine appear on this forum.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.