Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I start hearing some sound from my speakers that I don't understand. The sound consists of 3 repeated tones. It overrides the music playback. No visual messages are supporting the sound on any of the displays.

I have uploaded the sound here: http://vocaroo.com/i/s14eVwDDPaTt

Has anyone heard this sound?
Appreciate if anyone has any clues on what my DS is trying to say with this sound. Thank you

·
Registered
72 Posts
You playing paceman at the arcade ironman? :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does it happen all the time constantly? Reminder of a message, missed called, unread text, etc

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was like - cool, 4 responses to my question - I am about to find out what that means!... :)

During the last month I have heard this like 4 times only.
First I thought this is just on the radio. But when I had the same sound when I was streaming via Bluetooth - it was clear that is not from the radio.
I have iPhone 5s for a long time and I have never heard this sound from the phone itself, so that is definitely DS sound.
I checked the phone after the sound and there was no message, no missed call or unread text, etc.
The last setting I changed in DS is I have set a speed warning for posted speed limit plus 10 miles, but yesterday that sound was when I was standing at the traffic light, so that should not be speed warning related, etc.

And I wish that was just an arcade game :D as this unknown it is driving me crazy

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
IronMan said:
The last setting I changed in DS is I have set a speed warning for posted speed limit plus 10 miles,
That, in any case, is a voice warning saying "The speed limit is xxx miles per hour".

IronMan said:
it is driving me crazy
Yes! That's it! That is what it's for!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To answer my own question - this sound is triggered when Satellite Radio demo period is expiring and they send you a short message to call their toll-free number.
I have only seen this when this sound happened again and I was on the radio screen at that time. The screen had a line with 800 number to call to activate the subscription.

After I have moved the radio to my own account - this sound has never triggered since.

I hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
80 Posts
IronMan said:
To answer my own question - this sound is triggered when Satellite Radio demo period is expiring and they send you a short message to call their toll-free number.
I have only seen this when this sound happened again and I was on the radio screen at that time. The screen had a line with 800 number to call to activate the subscription.

After I have moved the radio to my own account - this sound has never triggered since.

I hope this helps someone.
I can confirm this is the case. When your satellite radio subscription gets ready to expire it will make that noise randomly. Ours did the same thing and it's very annoying, if you renew it or choose to let it completely expire it will stop.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Doesn't sound very high-tech to me, or particularly helpful. Why not make a sound which sounds a bit like someone saying "your sat radio subscription is due". ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.