Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Pete

I just noticed that the MY2016 DS brochure states that the January 2016 Ed4 2WD version still weights 1,740kg which is only 35kg lighter than TD4 4WD (see pic from brochure, both 5seater)

The MY2016 Evoque brochure shows a massive 122kg weight saving (3.5x as much!) by changing from 4WD to 2WD.

How is such massive difference explained when the engines and chassis are largely the same?

Also noted that Ed4 DS Ecapability puts out 123gr CO2 rather than advertised 119gr CO2. Is this number market dependent?

Finally, MY2016 Evoque comes with "sport exhaust look option". Is anything like that planned for the DS as well? (Would like a smokey grey to match Black Pack look)

Would Evoque "sport exhaust" fit the DS if purchased?

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi KaikouraDiscoSport,

I unfortunately would be unable to provide full details of the variations that provide the weight difference between the vehicles and this is due to a number of factors and variations in the configuration and build of the vehicle.

I can confirm that the eD4 produces 123 CO2 emissions, with the TD4 producing from 129 CO2 emissions dependant on derivative.

Finally, I have taken the opportunity to feedback your comment regarding the Sports Exhaust look option, however at this time I am unable to confirm any release of this option for the Discovery Sport. Additionally, I would be unable to advise the fitting of the Evoque Sports Exhaust on a Discovery Sport vehicle as it was not intended for this vehicle.

Many thanks,
Pete

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.