Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As there are not many ds's on the road yet, should we start waving as we pass each other? It could be a good time to start. Imagine in 2 years time when there are many ds's around if everyone was saying hello to each other.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Tried that and got a odd look from the young lass driving the DS coming thew other way. -they are not all driven by enthusiasts.

·
Registered
230 Posts
On instinct when I met a ds i gave a gentle toot and then waived only to be ignored (possibly missed some might confuse the front end with evoque) and then get my passenger wife look at me like I had lost the plot.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
We need a luminous orange sun strip so we can spot and wave at each other :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Going down the M1 today, just north of East Midlands Airport. I spotted a DS behind me, anyway when he overtook me, he lowed down and we both looked at each other with big grins on our faces. Then with a quick nod of the head to each other off he carried on.
Still only seen 4 other DS up to now.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mine gets admiring looks where ever I go ... especially when the sun's shining

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
DavidM said:
As there are not many ds's on the road yet, should we start waving as we pass each other? It could be a good time to start. Imagine in 2 years time when there are many ds's around if everyone was saying hello to each other.
Just make sure you don't accidentally wave at an Evoque - they'll think you're wierd.

I get waves in the Defender - but it's limited to Defenders which are clearly used on mud and rock, shiney road-only ones are not in the club. And mabey one in ten SLK drivers tip the nod.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
stu7373 said:
Going down the M1 today, just north of East Midlands Airport. I spotted a DS behind me, anyway when he overtook me, he lowed down and we both looked at each other with big grins on our faces. Then with a quick nod of the head to each other off he carried on.
Still only seen 4 other DS up to now.
Four is my tally since I ordered. Not counting the ones in the dealer showroom etc. of course. Or the one I saw on the M40 near Gadyon back in November when they were doing the launch roadshows.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Had mine for six weeks now and the only 2 I've seen happened to be on the same caravan park at the same time in Bridgnorth a couple of weekends ago, a Black one and a Kaikoura Stone one.
We nodded acknowledgement :cool:
Only went to try out the new awning ahead of the Gand Prix and pass the place on the way to work every day, other than that not a sausage.
Still, I don't think the waving is going to be like driving an old Series LR where nearly everyone waves to each other.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had driven about 300m from the dealer before a guy in a Disco 4 wound down his window to have a better look and say hello :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
ozsport said:
I had driven about 300m from the dealer before a guy in a Disco 4 wound down his window to have a better look and say hello :)
He was probably wondering if his was worth the extra £15k :)

I speak as a previous D1 owner and current D2 owner, I am hoping and 98% sure that the DS will do all I need of it and more. I was looking at a D4 but really, I don't think the extra WOULD have been worth it for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.