Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my car for 10 days so far and generally delighted. Following recent heavy rain have found water coming out of the seals on the tailgate around the rear lamp cluster. Spoke to dealer who says this is a reported issue and have booked in for rectifying . Anyone else have this issue ?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh great. Mine was likely sitting wharfside when we had a torrential downpour & flash flooding here in Brisbane (about 300mm in a few hours). I hope my electrics are not full of water!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah water drips out of one side of my tailgate into the boot as it opens. .. one more thing on the snagging list to get sorted.

·
Registered
506 Posts
PaulTheWall
Yeah water drips out of one side of my tailgate into the boot as it opens. .. one more thing on the snagging list to get sorted.
Depending on any incline where parked, mine will do it on either or both sides. If there were passengers in the rear seats they could get a wet head or shoulders!

Obviously a design fault, water either needs to drain externally at the bottom of the rear screen with the tailgate closed, or both sides of the screen need to be fully sealed so that water drains externally into gully next to hinge area when the tailgate is opening, and then channel down to exit above the bumper. Not good.

Reminds me of the rear door of my 1998 FL1 which had a poorly designed rear seal that let water in, which then tracked it's way into the concealed storage area in the boot floor - Expensive for them as they had to dry it all out, fit a modified seal and replace my ruined binoculars. :!:

·
Registered
13 Posts
wordiv said:
had my car for 10 days so far and generally delighted. Following recent heavy rain have found water coming out of the seals on the tailgate around the rear lamp cluster. Spoke to dealer who says this is a reported issue and have booked in for rectifying . Anyone else have this issue ?
Adw
Had the same trouble with tail gate normally after heavy rain over night, water runs into boot and, out of both sides of tale gate. Same happened in our loan vehicle. Could it be an assembly issue?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Not noticed this on mine. Boot is always dry after a downpour.

·
Registered
796 Posts
On mine the rubber seals each side of the tailgate are not fitted properly so they fill with water ... then when the tailgate opens it runs out of each end of the seals first the bottom then when the tailgate is fully open the top ...booked in to be fixed 1st of July

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine drops water when I open the tailgate also but have not yet identified source. I will check the seals as suggested by Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.