Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hello Actuarias,

If you mean water drops or a small puddle on the floor under the vehicle then that is quite normal.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Actuarias,

As Chippy says this is quite normal, especially in hot weather when the air con is working hard. It is water removed from the air taken into the car as part of the cooling process. You normally don't notice it as the vehicle will disperse the water as it moves. However, if you remain stationary for a period of time it will pool under the vehicle.
For my work I have to use a number of different makes and models of vehicle(they all do it) and the car is my office. So, I can be parked up for long periods with the air-con running. Frequently I will get a tap on the window from some kind person explaining that my car is leaking petrol, etc. Happened yesterday, the water was pouring out of a Ford Kuga, and the bloke was really concerned that I was about to go up in flames. Even when I explained it was just water he looked at me like I was mad and about to die in a massive inferno! Brave or fool-hardy people though to approach a car they think is leaking petrol!

http://www.airconcars.com/html/how_it_works.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
Actuarial

As others have pointed out this is normal, I would only add it does seem to be a large puddle at times (we had lots of people pointing out our FL2 had a leak) I think it is more obvious due to the ground clearance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
phiew!!! Thanks guys!! I noticed the same on my DS.. was bout to call the dealership in the morning :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.