Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

Just in light of the recent issues raised re 3rd row seats, bonnets rubbing lamps etc and the apprent halt on deliveries, I wondered if some of the more experience Land Rover owners could guide us to best Land Rover website to keep an eye on such things.

I'm yet to receive mine, oh 2 weeks late and radio silence from the dealer which is annoying from a premium brand.

I like other just keen to ensure I'm in the know.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
There is a easy way ( for us) but it means the site admin doing a lot of work, which they may not thank me for.
First we need a poll to find out how many are willing to contribute. If enough for a years subscription, the a Separate section of the site is set up for those who paid on which are posted up these bulletins.
The legality need to be checked first but other clubs have done it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That seems like a good plan. I the impression that you would only have registration accepted if you are 'trade'.

What sort of cost are we looking at for a year's sub?

The subscription webpage could be in a different place (eg closed FB group?) if that is simplest to set up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Moose said:
There is a easy way ( for us) but it means the site admin doing a lot of work, which they may not thank me for.
First we need a poll to find out how many are willing to contribute. If enough for a years subscription, the a Separate section of the site is set up for those who paid on which are posted up these bulletins.
The legality need to be checked first but other clubs have done it.
Sounds a good plan moose, can't we just pitch in and share the login info amongst those that want it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like a plan Moose

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good idea! Would contribute to a shared login.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Me too, I think its a good idea, maybe the person with login details could just PM each paying member

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If just one guy did it it would rely on him been on line a lot and what would be nice is to be able to build up a on line wiki on bulletins and fixes but I do not know if that's the way the site owners wants to go, I am no web developer so cannot comment the difficultly to do this, but a number of mods could have access to keep the hidden part updated.

·
Registered
677 Posts
It cost me £11.40 for 1 hour, 1 model and model year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks like it's 285 for singe model of single year.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Moose said:
That's £14 each for 20 of us, not a lot for a year
At sub £25 for a share of it, I'd be up for it. It needs a volunteer to actually monitor the data on TOPIX and post it to wherever though, might be a bit of a *** for someone. Unless there is a way of multiple people sharing the same access log-in (doubt it, they will have thought of that!).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Il put in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds like a plan.
Perhaps we set up a forum / joint Hotmail or Google mail account and go from there. Either way happy to contribute where I can

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'd be in to - but as mentioned earlier, need to check legality of reposting stuff here (or login details sharing etc etc)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fair point. I have asked the question of someone in the industry who works with most dealers, will let you know how he gets on. Me mentioned an organisation licence which isn't too much more expensive and may cover what we need, will keep you posted

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Sounds good. For know anything we find we can post up in the technical section.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts