Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
4bellys said:
We ordered our Hse Lux on 29/12 and are still waiting on definate delivery date. Has anyone else ordered/ collected from Guy Salmon-Thames Ditton?
I ordered from GS TD back in October; finalised spec in early Jan. Was booked in for 1st March, but still don't have the car.

Apparently, virtually all their cars were in the range of those quarantined so I don't think they've delivered many (if any) thus far. But it was already a couple of weeks late before this latest issue - so problems with the supply from the factory initially, too.

Mine at least has arrived with them, over a week ago, but there's nothing they can do to release it. I stopped by the overflow pound they use on Summer Road today and there's half a dozen DS sat there unable to be released.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ordered mine in 30/09/14, specs finalised on 26/01/15. Delivery was supposed to be 06/03/15 but still have not have a revised delivery date. I was informed the car was built on 02/03/15 and delivered to GSTD's compound on 14/03/15 but it is under a JLR quarantine notice (2nd row release problem) and can not be released until "further notice". I spoke to the dealer on the phone last Friday and he is adamant the car will be available by next Sunday, I am not entirely convinced as its the same dealer who told me I will be driving away by 20/03/15!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I still can understand way some cars are getting out and other not, even those will bulletins against them seem in some cases to be been delivered?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Radds said:
4bellys said:
We ordered our Hse Lux on 29/12 and are still waiting on definate delivery date. Has anyone else ordered/ collected from Guy Salmon-Thames Ditton?
I ordered from GS TD back in October; finalised spec in early Jan. Was booked in for 1st March, but still don't have the car.

Apparently, virtually all their cars were in the range of those quarantined so I don't think they've delivered many (if any) thus far. But it was already a couple of weeks late before this latest issue - so problems with the supply from the factory initially, too.

Mine at least has arrived with them, over a week ago, but there's nothing they can do to release it. I stopped by the overflow pound they use on Summer Road today and there's half a dozen DS sat there unable to be released.
Any chance you can pinpoint me where exactly is the GSTD summer road compound? I would certainly like to have a look that place myself and see my car eating dust there!

·
Registered
53 Posts
leer0913 said:
Radds said:
4bellys said:

Any chance you can pinpoint me where exactly is the GSTD summer road compound? I would certainly like to have a look that place myself and see my car eating dust there!
Leer0913, can only comment on the six there in view; but there weren't any in Kaikoura. Two Santorini, two Corris, one Fuji and a Firenze.

They may have others there in a warehouse or another car park, but I didn't want to delve too deep as I think it's private property.

To reassure you though - mine wasn't there either and I know they've got it because my wife saw it being moved to compound last week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts