Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first review of the Jaguar XE fitted with the Ingenium engine has this to say....

At the halfway point we swap out for the new XE R-Sport 180. Powered by a somewhat gruff sounding Ingenium diesel, we're assured by the people that know final sound deadening, baffling and even balancer shaft specs haven't been sorted yet. Instead we're to concentrate on the performance and the dynamics of this, the second-most sporty set-up for the new XE.
So not exactly night and day from the SD4 2.2, so not sure it is worth waiting for.......great! :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Further reading...

Between short drives in limited numbers of cars, there was the opportunity to mess with the new InControl app and dashboard. Again, honestly, the screen is last-gen, not next-gen. You can see the pixels still. And the app crashed regularly while trying to connect. Pre-production, remember. Though Dan reported something similar on the Discovery Sport launch using the same tech.
Oh dear, better get it sorted ASAP JLR!

·
Registered
677 Posts
They are pre production cars, I'm sure everything will be allright on the night, so to speak.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not so sure about all this pre-prod excuses. The DS we test drove was supposed to be not the finished article, but to me it was.

Why would Jaguar want to rush getting out the XE with the Ingenium if it wasn't close to being, if not being the end result. There would be zero point and self defeating for a company trying to get a new model to market, which will make or break the company. The new Ingenium diesel will not be sounding much different to the current SD4 2.2 IMHO. And may be a smidge more fuel efficient.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The DS I test drove didn't have all the features it was supposed to have in the infotainment system.

I don't believe the Ingenium will bring significant benefits to the DS, I think LR have done reasonable job of refining the current engine.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think none of us can judge an engine that we haven't tried... I trust all will be fine

I obviously would have loved if LR had been more consistent in their marketing and also avoided confusion around the SD card SatNav and the supposedly better upgrade option. I am confused about the difference and note that some tests say that the SD card version is acttually faster and has better graphics?

·
Registered
829 Posts
On a positive note: BEST IN CLASS TOP GEAR...

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The requirement for the Ingenium range of engines is due to the contract with Ford and the cost if the DW12, Lion and GTDi engines.
When sold, Ford agreed to sell these engunes at fist price plus a percentage. That agreement us coming to an end. The cost if buying engines from Fird us about to go through the roof,not the extent that building outer own engines is a better price than buying engines from Ford.
The simple fact is that the AJ20 engine is as new as the L550, and volumes mean that it can't be delivered for both L550 and X760 from the start, and Jag needs the engine first, as the X760 is a make or break model for Jag, also X760 is the first car off the D7a platform designed for AJ20, whereas L550 is second car off the D8 platform, already designed to take DW12 and now AJ20

1 - 10 of 10 Posts