Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, am a new Disco sport owner in Sydney, Australia and am keen to test out the video function on the media player.

I should mention I got the Meridian Sound System with my HSE Lux package. I have tried videos on mp4 and mkv formats via a USB but both dont work.

Anyone able to load videos on their media player via a USB?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Prad_n, I'm sure I read somewhere in the manual that you couldn't play videos off a USB stick. But, it would play off a device i.e. A music video on iTunes on an iPod. But, don't quote me on that, it is from memory! So I could easily be wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that philstix. I did some research and finally figured out how to do it. It is possible to play videos off a USB.

It needs to be in DivX format. So you need to download the DivX converter and convert it to "DivX Home Theater" to get it in the right format. Then simply load it onto a USB and hook it into the DS and it will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - recent new owner and I have the system with apple car play etc.. I was wondering, what is the best media format for movies on this new system? Is it still only DivX? seems like thats an old file format thats all.. thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.