Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, fellow DSers!

Can anybody share any experience with how ventilated seats work? I've moved to Cyprus and had to leave my RRE behind. So I looked for DS and with all of the waiting lines there are only to cars in stock. One is SE and the other is HSE Black. All other differences (rear camera, visual differences etc) are pretty straightforward and obvious to me. But one thing I've never experienced in LR and in DS in particular is ventilated seats. The weather in Cyprus is.... Well, hot, to say the least:) So to me this might be a game changer if it works great or just a gimmick if it's not something really strong. Any car 5 minutes in the sun becomes a bit of a hell here, so turning the car on with AC and seats (probably) and leaving it for 5-10 is the only way to create a bearable environment. By comparison, in friends' époque that I drive here at the moment even with full AC your back quickly becomes completely wet. Was wondering if ventilated seats really help hereof it's something softer and for less hot environments. Any opinions and experience very welcome! Thank you!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Zenia,

I have ventilated seats and the seat base works well. The cooling on the back rest is a little weak but it does work.

One of the strong points with the DS is its climate control which is excellent.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ventilated seats are perfect. I live in Italy during the summer, today with 38 degrees in the shadow, but with ventilation really comfortable, no wet back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot guys! That's awesome news and now I am pretty sure which exactly car to get! I wanted it anyway because of cooler looks and more features, but needed that last drop of killer thing to easier say goodbuy to bigger sum of money!;)

Thanks a again!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes agreed with all the above. The base of the seat cools very quickly, but the back rest less so. We are in a warm climate and use them all the time. So unless you plan to live in Troodos, long answer short... Yes, option it!

O.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.