Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just called a dealer and been told that its no longer possible to order 2015 spec vehicles and any new orders will be changed to 2016 model for June/ July Delivery anyone else confirm? a friend placed there order about a month ago and although initially told delivery in May when they went to place the order a week after the initial meeting the delivery estimate had gone back 2 months to July, I wonder if there is a delay while they make changes in the factory in June?

·
Registered
138 Posts
What's the difference in the spec for the 2016? Waiting on my order to be delivered in mid may (build 24.04.15).
I hear the ingenium engines are only going to be 2 wheel drive

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Other threads on forum about ingenium engine, looks like they will have to be 4 wheel drive as well from September due to euro6 regulations.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
They will be ironing out all the niggly fault we have with ours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can confirm this is the case. I have just rang my dealer and orders are now being accepted for MY2016 with the new 4WD Ingenium for delivery in September. No increase in cost. So I've changed my order. The 3 or 4 month delay is not an issue for me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just joined, but been reading this forum for a few months.

Been holding out for the new engine in 4WD format.

When you say that the order is now changed to the new engine, what power is the new engine, is it 150 or 180 bhp ?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Still showing old engines on build your own section of LR website, if you look at the Jaguar XE site it will give you the power/torque figures for new engine, I'm sure the more powerful engine will be for the 4 wheel drive and the lesser powered one for 2 wheel drive.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Same here in Germany, no orders being taken for 2015MY only for 2016MY with delivery from September 2015. They will start with 4 cylinder 2 Liter engine with 150HP on 4WD vehicles. Engine for 2WD will come later some say January 2016. No indication as to when larger engined version will be available (presumably the 6 cylinder version but I'm not sure). There will be a price hike here of about 950 Euro. As we all know Ingenium is a MUST after September since current engines don't meet Euro 6. There are other changes to the spec but they will no doubt be different depending on the country.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is from my dealer who is up front: the sd4 still seems the engine of choice as its a big power drop:

Hi Peter,

Genuinely that is the most up to date info we have from Land Rover.

No I know that Ingenuim will be available in the updated Evoque from September this year.

We have no confirmation on when they will be phased into Discovery Sport.

Some dealers may well be taking deposit on them speculatively already but until Land Rover confirm any further info on this people are just guessing.

I know the updated engines in Evoque will drop the RFL from £180 to £120 per year and the official MPG is not confirmed yet.

With that said the Ingenuim unit is only 150bhp vs 190bhp from the SD4 so maybe it's unfair to compare them like for like?

I will keep you updated on any new info as I get it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Confirmed from Dutch importer...

2WD ingenium delayed production to end 2015 with deliveries starting January 2016

MY2016 DS is always with 2.0 Ingenium engine in Euro6 markets, some other markets will continue with older 2.2 unit

MY2016 Ingenium 2.0 DS produced August 2015 onwards with deliveries starting September 2015. 4WD only this year...

Hence all in line with other comments, just note that both 150bhp and 180bhp Ingenium engines are available this year. Furthermore, can't see people getting a MY2016 delivered in June already as suggested?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Heard before that the 4wd Ingenium engine will be down on power compared to the SD4 2.2.

Loving my 2.2....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I was told they may not be as good for towing, still you can't have everything.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Peter from LR wrote that he is on annual leave until the 14th,April. True that power is down but, as far as I'm aware torque levels should still be adequate. Agree with Moose we can't have everything.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Steady guys.....we are starting to get as paranoid about Inge engined DS's as FL2 Forum are about DS :roll:

Have you seen the comment that suggests a DS looks like a Ford Explorer :cry: can we start giving some specsaver vouchers out :(

·
Registered
381 Posts
My 2.2 is due to be built the middle of June.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts