Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to visit my dealer today for the last time before I pick my Santorini Black HSE Black Edition up in September. They had a Santorini black HSE Lux demonstrator in with the black pack and I noticed that it had black skid pans under the bumpers (not the standard grey which is the same colour as the passenger air bag casing), and it looked really cool on the black disco.

Now I asked my dealer if this was now standard and he couldn't answer the question. When we looked at the build sheet it has the following items:
(080EU) front bumper body coloured
((080GA) rear bumper lower valance
(080HS) rear bumper body colour valance

Nothing about the front bumper valance.

My question is will the grey skid pan now come in black or the grey? Is the skid pan the valance?

Hope someone knowledgeable can help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interested in this also I've ordered the same and just finished talking about making ours black when it comes.. Very handy if it comes black as standard... The grey will spoil the look completely!!

Where about are you?

Shame you don't have a photo of the demonstrator one!

Surely the dealer could find out... They are the ones selling you the car after all?!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I was stupid I never took a photo!! But it was definitely black plastic not the standard grey.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whitetiger said:
Interested in this also I've ordered the same and just finished talking about making ours black when it comes.. Very handy if it comes black as standard... The grey will spoil the look completely!!

Where about are you?

Shame you don't have a photo of the demonstrator one!

Surely the dealer could find out... They are the ones selling you the car after all?!
Sorry the demo was at Marshalls in Bedford

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Saw one in tesco car park this week with both front and rear valances black, assumed the owner had had it done.

Can't believe the dealer didn't know, so much for LR'S stock reply of consult your dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

Have just test driven DS HSE Black Edition 180 Auto Ingenium Santorini Black. It has black valances! Also in the dealer compound was a Fuji White HSE with Black Pack addition also with black valances. Looks like it could be the norm.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
31gwelymor said:
Hi

Have just test driven DS HSE Black Edition 180 Auto Ingenium Santorini Black. It has black valances! Also in the dealer compound was a Fuji White HSE with Black Pack addition also with black valances. Looks like it could be the norm.
Thats interesting!! My dealer couldnt tell me if this was the standard case from now.....heres hoping!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Excellent news!

Along with the black airbag cover it seems the black pack is finally... black. Checked my factory build sheet and indeed the same codes appear as provided by Ricky

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No code for the passenger air bag however as I'm guessing some models will still be grey?

·
Registered
385 Posts
that's great news that JLR is making this upgrade. Must've heard the complaints from us - the 2015 model owners. i wonder what finish did they use on the new black undershields? matte black or gloss black. I had all 3 grey pieces done in gloss black, and had front bumper lower extensions, side sills, and rear bumper painted to match body color. love how everything turned out. it's nice to know that this will be offered as an optional. I know for fact no aftermarket paint job can compare with the quality of the factory paint job.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Excellent news!

Along with the black airbag cover it seems the black pack is finally... black. Checked my factory build sheet and indeed the same codes appear as provided by Ricky
KDS, have you seen a black airbag cover or has your dealer informed you?

·
Registered
829 Posts
My dealer has informed me and he is the cautious type so am personally 99.9% confident. It may again, as many other parts be subject to local market preference. I know a lot of Dutch people who preferred the DS in black could not get used to a silver grey pedestrian airbag on the bonnet (and rightly so). A black pack with silver airbag cover makes even less sense. 3 more weeks and I'll send you a picture...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone know if this change is going to be across all models, or limited to certain specs?
Is it now an option which can be specified?

I have a HSE with black pack on order and would prefer it to have the black valances.

·
Registered
829 Posts
The extra black bits only if you choose the black pack. This US video of a MY2016 seems to confirm ALL is black now on the black pack:

Attachments

·
Registered
796 Posts
Bonnet air bag is still grey in those pictures

·
Registered
502 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.