Registered
981 Posts
Album artist is blank which won't help.

I've sent you a PM

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just a suggestion

You have the track number as xx of xx (1/19), I do not have the total track count in my tags, just the individual track number and it works on my 2016 SE. I use flac and wma

Is it getting confused thinking all tracks are number 19?

Just a thought for elimination

·
Registered
981 Posts
Pict said:
Just a suggestion

You have the track number as xx of xx (1/19), I do not have the total track count in my tags, just the individual track number and it works on my 2016 SE. I use flac and wma

Is it getting confused thinking all tracks are number 19?

Just a thought for elimination
That's not the issue although it is mainly a tagging/iTunes issue which I think we've resolved now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just a quick update. RPR sent me an album which I put onto a blank USB and all appeared fine but after playing a few tracks and doing other things when I went back to it again later it had reverted to playing that alphabetically as well. Giving up on the USB approach now. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well of course I couldn't give it up! It would appear that the DS infotainment system is reading the MP3 tags fine but for reasons best known to itself it is using the track title to decide which order it plays the songs in. If I add the track number into the beginning of the song title using the tag editor all is well and it works. All I have to do now is work out a quick way of doing that for 861 tracks! I also have to work out how to get Spotify to work but that is another story. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Have you tried playing the albums via your phone using Android Auto / Carplay?

That's my prefered method now as I got fed up with the wrong artwork

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I did get Android Auto to work reasonably easily and it is my backup option. Not a fan of the interface and a bit too Google centric for my liking but it does work ok.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Which app are you using?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not sure if I am understanding your question correctly but I am using Android Auto on a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017).

G

·
fletchjg said:
Not sure if I am understanding your question correctly but I am using Android Auto on a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017).
Android Auto is a framework within which applications work

RPR uses the MediaMonkey database/player application and that is displayed via Android Auto

He wants to know which actual audio application you are using when connecting via Android Auto

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar issue for me
Copied music files from iTunes
Plays them in correct order on laptop
Alphabetical order in car with pivi pro

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi all...

If you do a search on here for "Re: To USB or not to USB that is the question!" there is a very detailed explanation on how to overcome the JLR system. Yes it's tedious and you need to get your head around a couple of programs but if you start out with just 1 album and play with it you'll find it works a treat!

I also have my music on a 500gb Samsung SSD, my files are all "FLAC" format at 320 bit rate (or the highest bit rate you can do).

I suggest you print out the instructions (copy and paste) and have them side by side with whatever you want to create..

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
981 Posts
s5156 said:
I also have my music on a 500gb Samsung SSD, my files are all "FLAC" format at 320 bit rate (or the highest bit rate you can do).
Err highest bitrate for mp3 is 320kbps. FLAC is 1,411kbps or higher with hi res audio being better thn CD quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since the latest software update each time I start the car the player starts with one particular song and and does not start from the previous track

Any suggestions?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts