Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just taken delivery of a 2021 Discovery Sport. All is fine apart from the media system playing my usb music in alphabetical order ignoring the track numbers at the beginning of each track name. The mp3 files were created as an iTunes library and it recognises album titles, artists and artwork fine but plays the songs in the wrong order. Please help if you can - it is driving me mad. Previous DS (3 years old ) played the usb with no problem.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sounds like a tagging issue.

Try MP3 tag or Tag Scanner to edit them

·
Super Moderator
631 Posts
I use a program called Tag and Rename with no problem. The track number is embedded in the mp3, not the name of the title. Not sure if it works on apple.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks or the suggestion of the mp3tag app. That works very nicely. Unfortunately it told me that the tag information on all the mp3 files is fine with the correct track number present. Suggestions welcome as to why the car is not reading that!

·
Registered
981 Posts
fletchjg said:
Thanks or the suggestion of the mp3tag app. That works very nicely. Unfortunately it told me that the tag information on all the mp3 files is fine with the correct track number present. Suggestions welcome as to why the car is not reading that!
What tagging format are you using? Or maybe iTunes has mesed things up. I never use it, vastly superiour software available

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure what the tagging format is but mp3tag said they were ID3v2.2 MPEG I Layer III if that helps. I just used itunes to create the folder structure with the mp3 files. The files on the stick have no residual indication of being created that way as far as I know. The really annoying thing is that my old DS had no problem with the same usb stick.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
fletchjg said:
Not sure what the tagging format is but mp3tag said they were ID3v2.2 MPEG I Layer III if that helps. I just used itunes to create the folder structure with the mp3 files. The files on the stick have no residual indication of being created that way as far as I know. The really annoying thing is that my old DS had no problem with the same usb stick.
I assume your DS has the new PiviPro system? Have you tried looking on other LR or Jaguar forums for vehicles using the same system? Off the top of my head Defender, Evoque, iPace, etc.

·
Registered
981 Posts
So what folder structure are you using?

Artist / Album / tracks

Album Artist / Album / Tracks etc?

·
Registered
981 Posts
There's really no need to use iTunes to create a folder structure.

Just have them in folders in your music libary and send to or copy & paste to your USB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was just a convenient method at the time. I would love to blame Apple for the problems but that does seem a little harsh given that it was working perfectly fine on the previous DS. Must be a Pivi Pro problem but I can't find any hints anywhere. I will try rebuilding the library of MP3 files another way and see if that helps.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Can you post a screen shot of the contents of the USB?

Also I assume it's formatted to FAT32 or NTFS?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Just try music - artist - album - tracks and see if that works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tried it but just the same. It will shuffle the order but nothing seems to make it play in correct track order.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
So in the example above it ignores the numbers and plays '25 or 6 to 4' first ( or 'Along Comes a Woman' first)?

·
Super Moderator
631 Posts
The name of the song even if it has a number in it has nothing to do with how songs are played. You have to set the "Track Number" with a dedicated program . Check the properties of each song and it will show you the embedded track number, at least on a PC. Screenshots from a PC program. Shows the Track numbers and a sub screen where you can change individual track numbers. You can also do bulk changes.

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
That has already been suggested.

I spend my life tagging and re-tagging

·
Registered
981 Posts
Canuk said:
The name of the song even if it has a number in it has nothing to do with how songs are played. You have to set the "Track Number" with a dedicated program . Check the properties of each song and it will show you the embedded track number, at least on a PC. Screenshots from a PC program. Shows the Track numbers and a sub screen where you can change individual track numbers. You can also do bulk changes.
The last five tracks are tagged differently plus the genre is incorrect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dashnine, Yes it insists on playing 25 or 6 to 4 first even though it is track 17 on the album.
As previously suggested I used MP3Tag to inspect the tagging and it looks fine to me. Screen capture for the Chicago album is below.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts