Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped in to the dealership in Ascot yesterday and had a look across most of the colours in the flesh as they had just received 2 transporter loads of Discovery Sports. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder however hear are my opinions for what they are worth.

Scotia Grey (my colour) - Jury is out on this one, in the brochure it looks great, in the preparation bay of the garage it was hard to judge, first impressions are that I may be disappointed when I get mine :-(

White - looks good with black pack, looks terrible without it.

Corris Grey - Looks good and will be very popular.

Red - good with the black pack, not so good without it.

Kaikoura Stone - looks very good indeed.

Blue - mmmm, its a no for me.

Black - no, it does not suit the vehicle IMO.

As i said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not many to upset or offend anyone, as I say I may be disappointed with my choice of Scotia. Whatever colours you have gone for i hope you enjoy them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How so does Scotia not live up to your expectations? Most of the photos look great but for me looks more blue than green, perhaps through some digital enhancement? It's probably a colour that will change a lot in different light. We just bought another car and the configuration colour is way off from what we received, even the showroom swatch didn't really match..

Slight niggle for me is that you can't get Glacier interior in HSE yet you can get Glacier grained leather in SE Tech and Windsor in HSE Lux.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've never seen the blue in the flesh on the DS. I've seen it on the Fl2 which was the basis of my colour choice. I would've preferred a lighter blue, but I do like a blue car. I had it all colours but there was really only one choice for me.

What put you off the blue?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Had to laugh! Beauty certainly is in the eye of the beholder, just like with a woman.

Seen in the flesh:

Silver with black pack - horrid.

Red with black pack - pretty good.

Corris grey looks fine.

From test articles and videos:

Can't stand Fuji white with black pack,

Love Fuji (as it comes) - especially since I've ordered that and no regrets.

Santorini Black - I've had that for 7 years on my FL2 where it looked great, but doesn't seem to sit quite as well on the DS (for me).

I think the Loire blue would have been my second choice, followed by Corris, then Santorini.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The blue looks very smart on the RR and RRS in the showroom, both with ivory interior or similar. I have had two dark blue vehicles and just fed up of washing them to look pretty dirty quickly after. I think the Kaikoura would be v good, but only liked it with the ivory interior. My Defender has just gone, classic green and that looked good in two tone with mud.

The dealers test car was white with black pack, which I thought looked awful, but worse after the test as the drivers side was visibly dirty right up to the door handles and we hadn't done anything other than 'normal' Hampshire roads really..

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I would have liked to see a lighter metallic blue and a white roof option similar to the Evoque, may be the next one :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have ordered scotia and I reckon it'll be a lot like my previous D4 in Ipanema sand, every hour the colour changes! Can't wait lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
When planning to buy the new DS my colour decision was based on the LR configurer and I chose "Scotia"
Went to a LR, DS promotion / exhibition at Gleneagles Hotel and on seeing the "Scotia" it did look to have a green tint look. I then saw the "Kaioura Stone" and both my wife and I said at the same time "Oh I like that"
So Kaikoura it is for me. The only unknown is we are going on the almond leather via a sample book at the dealer.
Fingers crossed.
HSE Auto, almond interior, privacy glass, bright finish treadplates, flaps, rubber mats, spare wheel, traffic sign recognition, 3 additional USBs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am hoping that the Scotia will be one of those colours that does look different in differing light, the blue just did not suit the DS IMO, I agree it looks good on the RR but it didn't appeal on the DS.

White is not a practical colour at all but that aside it looked so bland, the black pack enhanced it significantly. The best colour I thought was Kaikoura Stone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've ordered Corris Grey, however I think it looks good in the red with black pack :D

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Looks like an Evoque autobiography.

·
Registered
265 Posts
We went to order our car intent on Loire Blue with Ivory interior. There was a RR in the showroom in those colours but the initial problem was that the Disco Sport ivory is much closer to a sand colour, so no go. Secondly the blue looked, to me, horribly flat unless in has a spot light trained on it, not much good in our often grey weather. Our second choice was Corris grey with Cirrus interior; unfortunately we can't get that combination in an HSE Lux so saved £2k and ordered an HSE. There was a Disco 4 in Scotia grey, it looked very green in the showroom and I don't know what interior colour will match it whilst the Kaikoura stone was very gold. Quite disappointed with the colours really, a lightish metallic blue would be good and a true ivory interior.
Tim

·
Registered
270 Posts
I saw both the Scotia and the Kaikoura in person at a preview event and preferred the Scotia - hence our choice. The Kaikoura I saw had the black pack and that combination did not appeal at all to me. Prior to that I was leaning to Corris with a black pack, which I suspect l would also have been very happy with. I ended up going with the Scotia mainly because I think it looks classy, whereas Corris looks more kind of tough.

I think the Scotia really depends a lot on lighting. Here in sunny Queensland, it looks great and is a clear grey with a slight green tinge. When the light is not as strong, I think the colour can appear quite different. Still many weeks till mine appears on my doorstep, so I guess I'll have to reserve final judgement until then :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
We saw Scotia in the flesh and whilst it looks quite green in the showroom it appears to be mainly grey outside in normal light. Our FL2 is Stornoway which is a fantastic colour but not available on the Disco Sport. Very happy with our choice of Scotia. :D :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yay! You say Kaikoura Stone looks very nice - get mine in three weeks (assuming no delays!!!!!)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.