Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know forum members opinion on my problem.

Long story short:
- I preordered the disco basing my decision on dealers limited informations, brochure and online configurator
- here in Italy the SE standard model has cloth tissue seats
- not a word from the brochure or the dealer about the seats (how could he possibly know about a car that wasn't even out yet?)
- the online configurator gives the following informations:
S cloth tissue seats = no rear front seat net pocket
SE cloth tissue seats = net pocket present, as everybody has
- my SE was delivered without net pocket. At first I assumed it was an error. I then realized ALL the SEs with cloth tissue seats HAVE NO NET POCKET. I need the net pocket and the rigid back of the front seats as I have kids! I ordered and paid for an SE, I received S seats.
- I asked LR for a fix, as I received something different from what I ordered
- JLR reply is go to hell, ask the dealer, we deny everything, we can do what we want
- as a matter of fact, the just decided to DOWNGRADE my car
- on top of everything, after 45 days, the online configurator STILL gives false informations, they just don't care
- this is my first and last LR (thank God I didn't but the RRS as originally planned), but I'd like to know if it's normal for JLR to treat their customers just like that, they don't care at all, so much for the luxury brand.

Photo attached for better understanding

My car, real SE :shock:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi Rogerone, in our country the S and SE both have a 100% cloth interior and the same chairs. Only if you pay for a luxury upgrade do you get part leather.

I looked at the brochure and it says the same + pictures show a black interior where I really can't see seat backs

Maybe your market is different but guess you could not claim anything to be wrongly represented if you ordered in NL

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Hi Rogerone, in our country the S and SE both have a 100% cloth interior and the same chairs. Only if you pay for a luxury upgrade do you get part leather.

I looked at the brochure and it says the same + pictures show a black interior where I really can't see seat backs

Maybe your market is different but guess you could not claim anything to be wrongly represented if you ordered in NL
Same here for the partial leather upgrade.
Same brochure with crushed black where you can't see a thing.
BUT maybe I wasn't clear enough (have you seen my pictures?)

Car configurator
SE -> all the seats have the net pocket and the rigid back. ALL OF THEM. Cloth, partial leather, full leather. No, it's not the same picture, every tissue has its own set of pictures.
S -> NO NET POCKET. Different pictures than the SE

So LR is showing the cloth tissue on the SE with the net pocket, NOT the S pictures they already have,. Why? Because S pictures are bad.

PLUS, after 45 days LR doesn't care to fix the "problem" on their site?

ok...

EDIT: I took a tour on the NL site, it's the same situation I described. Nice one LR

·
Registered
829 Posts
Checked my pictures but all SE cars I have seen had part leather...

One forum member seems to have a 100% cloth interior, "LoSim"

He posted below in "post your interior pictures here"

LoSim said:
Hello,
Ebony cloth version...
You might be able to PM him for his experience?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen multiple Discos and even the LR customer service confirmed that all the SE cloth tissue seats are in fact the S ones.
But they advertised and are still advertising something different, that's the problem.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Rogerone,

Thank you for raising this to my attention and I will take the opportunity to highlight this to the Italian Market.

Please note that as a global manufacturer, we offer a number of vehicles for each market. These market variations are set by the individual market. While I am able to provide assistance and information regarding the UK market, for enquiries and concerns relating to other markets, I would need to direct you to the specific Customer Relations Team for that market.

If you would like to PM me with the following information I would be happy to raise this to the Italian Customer Relations Team.

Full Name:
Contact No:
Email Address:
Vehicle Reg:
Selling Retailer:

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
677 Posts
Your car was a dealer stock order, why purchase if you weren't happy about the seating. Don't get it

·
Registered
829 Posts
Exactly my thinking J77; surely the seats and how they looked could be seen before signing up

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here in Italy (NOT common law country) we sign the contract months before seeing our car. In this particular case, it was a preorder too, as the disco wasn't even out.
We also pay a deposit for the order (I paid 3000 euros if I can remember correctly), and we loose it if we don't collect the car for a valid reason.
Plus I was forced to collect the car as I already sold mine a month before, the car launch was delayed a lot, as everybody knows.
I can also say I really believed it was a simple error LR would fix asap, even the dealer thoung it was an error.
My bad for thinking I could trust LR, don't worry it's a mistake I won't repeat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

I have a french SE Discovery Sport and i don't have any nets behind front seats. I checked into the french configurator and nets only appear from the Dynamica (partial cloth/leather) option.

From what is see in the pictures that where posted above the pics of the upgraded S pack seats are cloth electrics (electric option is available in France only at Dynamica level, there are no electric cloth seats).

There are some mistakes in Land Rover configurator : on the french site even if you choose Vision pack option it doesnt show fog lamps on the car...
I also have with the SE level a line change detector which was specified as an option at the time of order (Mid January). Either it has changed and became include from SE level or its a free (for me) mistake from Land Rover !

Best regards,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So after all the noise I made JLR decided to fix the problem by adapting the rigid net structure to my cloth seats.
So I'll have am unicorn car :D
Plus the added a warning of the online car configurator: "net structure not available for cloth seats".
Maybe I wasn't wrong after all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts