Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else noticed that the dealer fit options/accessories have been removed from the configurator?

Als the dedicated accessories section of LR's website still has the wrong part number combinations for roof rails. It's an odd day indeed arguing with a dealer that you don't need ditch finishers on a pano roof (I had to take him outside and show him there weren't any ditches to finish!)

B

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yep, I noticed this the other day. It seems LR have nothing better to do with their time than play around with the website.

·
Registered
20 Posts
BobbyBox - I noticed exactly the same last night regarding the ditch finishers! So, can you confirm that they are NOT required with a Pano roof? I've been thinking of changing my spec to include rails (with Pano roof).

·
Registered
562 Posts
That's because all the info and prices were incorrect....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that is right. As others have said you don't need them. Take a look at a model with pano roof, there are no ditches between front and back as the glass/frame extends to the edge of the vehicle.

For further proof you can look at the fitting distructions on topix. Has handy diagrams and everything!

im seriously considering buying them from parts and fitting them myself. On a pano roof vehicle it does look really simple. All you need is a torq wrench!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If you down load the rail fitting guide from TOPix you can cleanly see whats need with what.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Emailed my dealer yesterday re roof rails. He replied saying I need:
1) Finishers VPLCR0134 £204 inc VAT
2) Roof Rails ( Black Finish ) VPLCR0136 £486 inc VAT

The good thing here is that the prices are less than in the brochure I downloaded.
The bad thing is that they still say I need ditch finishers, even on a Pano roof! Losing even more confidence in these guys . . .

Like BobbyBox, I may have to go to the dealers and SHOW them a Pano roof (without ditches).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Charles - the brochure is contradictory though. Yes, alongside the description for the roof rails (VPLCR0136) it says ditch finishers are required. However, in the description for the ditch finishers (VPLCR0134) it says they are 'required for roof rail fitment on fixed roof'.

No wonder folk are confused.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The image below is from the roof rail fitting guide it only show the finishes needed on the solid roof.

Car Font Motor vehicle Parallel Engineering

Here it show the finishes being removed prior to rail fitting

Slope Font Automotive lighting Parallel Drawing

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts