Votes: 21 44.7%
  • <t>Other</t>

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I got the Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather 19" fitted randomly, I did not make a specific request. Read some literature and very happy with these tyres based on the reviews. Let us know what you got! Interested to see how long they last.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Duncanslater
Hi, I got the Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather 19" fitted randomly, I did not make a specific request. Read some literature and very happy with these tyres based on the reviews. Let us know what you got! Interested to see how long they last.
Likewise, I've got the 'random' Wranglers on mine. I was over the moon, as I've had them on my SUVs for 17 years. Very sure footed, and I typically got 28K miles (and still legal) out of them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Gone for the 20' alloys. Tyres are Pirelli.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not got the car yet but the spec list on TOPIx for my VIN shows Goodyears on the default HSE alloys.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wow, that's great mileage. So I can ditch my tyre budget then? :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
My current weekend loan car which is a 64 plate HSE is fitted with Continental tyres.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ooo, who put other, what are they? :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not got the car yet, but TOPIx states I've got Pirellis on 511 wheels

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, I got the Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather 19" fitted, not unhappy with those. Had Continentals on the FL2 and they were ok as well.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Goodyear wrangler on mine.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Got Good Year Wrangler 19" on my DS.
This is my fourth LR and all previous had Wrangler. All vehicles were PX with the original tyres after 3 years.
My last FL2 PX for the DS had done 35k. Very pleased with Wrangler.

·
Registered
118 Posts
HSE loaner has Continentals, was wondering about run flats in future like on BMW due to no spare having opted for detachable tow bar, anyone have any thoughts on this ??

·
Registered
166 Posts
srdsol said:
HSE loaner has Continentals, was wondering about run flats in future like on BMW due to no spare having opted for detachable tow bar, anyone have any thoughts on this ??
I am glad to be rid of my run flats.. I've had 3 different brands of tyre and sizes and they have improved, but they cost a fortune to replace and couldn't be repaired. On my first two cars, the ride was harder like it was another rim size larger, but the later vehicle, I think they'd worked on the overall ride so it felt better.

However, I was glad for them a couple of times. I hit something on the motorway and the near side front deflated rapidly but maintained control etc and could drive home, albeit at a reduced speed.. There is a limit to how far you can drive on them depending on load, so perhaps not ideal if you were towing.. Also, whenever I needed a replacement, they weren't off the shelf and had to be ordered in.. Again, perhaps that is better in the last couple of years but I checked my last car and there were at least 3 manufacturers doing run flats for my size tyre. The previous car - one manufacturer. Only two places in uk had a tyre when I needed one and Dunlop said they didn't plan on making some for a while.. It was a nightmare..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok, so work this one out :

Good Year on my DS
Continental on the DS Demonstrator I had
Pirelli on my Sister's DS
Michelin on my Dad's RRS

Guess LR don't want to put all their eggs in one basket :?:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts