Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this issue for awhile now and it seems to be intermittent. When I try to lock the car using the lock key button, I could hear two beeping sounds but the doors would be locked. Normally, the side mirrors would fold and the indicator lights would light up once but whenever this issue happens, both side mirrors stay unfolded and the indicators don't light up. Any chance that anybody knows what's wrong with my car?

G

·
Sounds like the mislock alert:

MISLOCK

When locking the vehicle, a mislock can occur if:

One or more of the doors, the bonnet, or the boot are not fully closed.

One or more of the doors have failed to lock.

The ignition is switched on.

If any of the above are present, the vehicle does not lock and an audible mislock error warning sounds. The hazard warning lights do not flash and the power-fold mirrors, if enabled, do not fold in. Check that all of the doors, the windows, the bonnet, and the boot are closed properly. Make sure the ignition is switched off and lock the vehicle again. If the mislock persists, consult a retailer/authorised repairer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was recently puzzled by this, but it all came down to the fact that when I am away for a few days I take the spare key and it was still in the car.
You can't lock it with a key inside and you outside!
What was interesting about this was that I keep the spare in a stout tin, and assumed it would not be 'visible"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's worrying about this issue is it leaves my car unlocked. I didn't realise that some of the doors could be opened until I read about this issue last night. When I leave for work obviously I would only use the driver's door but when I get to work and try to lock the car, my door would be locked but the passenger's door can be opened.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had the same thing, my wife had her spare DS keys in her handbag and wanted to leave them in the glove compartment but I suspected that if she did that the car would either not lock or someone could easily get in the car start it up and drive away! Seems we had a lucky escape.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mine beeps twice sometimes even when it is locked. Raised it with my dealer as assumed it was failing to lock for some reason. They've checked it out and confirmed nothing is wrong, car is working correctly but sometimes it beeps once, sometimes twice. I've learnt to live with it but annoying as I end up having to put my key somewhere out of range and going back to the car to check it is actually locked.

G

·
Double confirmation beep can also indicate the car is double locked:

DOUBLE LOCKING

Press the lock button on the smart key twice within 3 seconds to double lock the vehicle and arm the full alarm system. The hazard warning lights flash twice to confirm. A double lock tone sounds (if enabled).

You can check lock status remotely via the InControl App. The Apple Watch app will also show you which door or window is open

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine occasionally does this if I've had the bonnet open and shut it too gently. I have to open it again then shut it with 'normal' force. Its only happened a few times so I haven't bothered to figure out whether it uses a simple switch or some sort of fancy sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I've checked already and I can say that the spare key is definitely not inside the car. I haven't had the chance to check for double lock but I do press the lock key button twice or sometimes more than that thinking I haven't pressed it yet. I've also noticed that if I unlock the car, one or more doors would still be locked and I would have to go around the other door and open the locked door from the inside.

G

·
That sounds like single and multi point entry:

To unlock the vehicle and disarm the alarm system, press the smart key's unlock button. The vehicle unlocks in one of two ways:

Single-point entry: Unlocks the driver's door only. A second press is required to unlock the remaining doors and the tailgate.

Multi-point entry: Unlocks all of the doors and the tailgate on the first press.

To change from single- to multi-point entry, or vice versa, press the smart key's lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. The hazard warning lights flash twice to confirm the change.

Single- and multi-point entry can also be set via the Vehicle settings menu. See INSTRUMENT PANEL MENU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi DiscoDriver,

The multi-point entry seems to be the setting I have ATM and seemed to have done the trick. I tried the single-point entry using the method you said but when i try to unlock the car, All the doors are locked and the mirrors are folded after pressing the unlock button on the key. Is there something I missed then?

G

·
Hmmm not sure. Try changing the setting then locking the car and leaving for 30mins. Then change it back to single entry and leave for 30mins. Then try unlocking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welp, the one-point lock worked for some time but when got to work the same day, the doors on the right hand side are locked but the doors on the opposite side aren't after pressing the lock button. I still heard two beeping sounds and the side mirrors are not folded. So I've a car that's basically unlocked and I'm just looking through the window from my station all night. Any more suggestions before I take it to the dealer? It's 2015 registered so the dealer would have been my last option.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts