Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pete
Can you clarify if a trim indicator badge will be fitted to MY2016 vehicles?

In particular I have ordered a HSE trim. Will it be fitted with a "HSE TD4" badge on the tailgate?
I have the code (057EV) Less Badge on my build sheet which makes me concerned, although I also have (021ZC) Trim level indicator - HSE so perhaps I shouldn't be...

Many thanks

BB
PS
I'd really like a badge :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi BobbyBox,

Yes the 16MY Discovery Sport will be provided with Trim level badges at all levels.

The differing engine power outputs will denoted by the colour of Sport badge on the tailgate. TD4 180 models will feature the existing silver SPORT.
TD4 150 models will feature a blue SPORT badge.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
82TLT said:
Pete,
Nor did mine!
Spec sheet says boot badge omitted!
Hi 82TLT, can you recall the code from the spec sheet? I quoted 057EV above earlier. Any matches?

Best

BB

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was going to say is it the Black packs that don't have the trim indicator but on my spec sheet I have:
021ZC Trim level indicator HSE
057HP Sport badge

If it does come with the HSE badge one of you can have it as I'd rather lose it to be honest. :eek:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I chose debadge (code 057 on spec sheet) which deletes the HSE TD4 indication. It does however leave the SPORT letters but since these never come in black on a black pack :roll: .... I asked the dealer to remove these as well

Might look for black SPORT badge if it bothers me to have LR logo right and nothing left

·
Registered
172 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
I chose debadge (code 057 on spec sheet) which deletes the HSE TD4 indication. It does however leave the SPORT letters but since these never come in black on a black pack :roll: .... I asked the dealer to remove these as well

Might look for black SPORT badge if it bothers me to have LR logo right and nothing left
All the badges are just stuck on. A length of dental floss can be used to 'cut' behind the back of the badges, and the residue can then be cleaned off.
If you want a black Sport badge, it can then be sprayed before sticking back on with new double sided 3M automotive adhesive tape.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi All,

I have looked into this further and understand there appears to have been some vehicles where the retailer have not selected the badging option during the order process.

If you have received a vehicle with no badge included and would like to have this added to the vehicle, I would suggest contacting your selling Land Rover retailer to have this addressed.

Should you have any concerns or need further assistance, can you please PM me with the following details

Full Name:
Contact No:
Email Address:
Vehicle Reg:
Selling / local Retailer:

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
172 Posts
Pete,

From your response then, it sounds like the default is no trim level badge, and if you want it, it needs to be added to your spec.

If I understand correctly, isnt this the complete opposite to previous?
No doubt this is catching many dealers and buyers/owners unawares.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
De-badged has always been a no cost option from all manufacturers, why would LR change it and why isn't it on the configurator to add!!!!. I believe it fair that customers assumed that the badge would be on the car without them asking for it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Nino,

Phil is correct that it would need to be supplied and fitted by the retailer.

In regards to the de-badging and not being supplied with it. The original order would have stated less badging with the retailer able to add this during the configuration. As I have advised however, this has now been changed to have this selected as standard with the retailer having to select to remove the item.

Many thanks,
Pete

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.