Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To help JLR I thought I'd start a post with trim / fit & finish niggles, none of these are earth shattering but it might be a good place for people to check to see if they have the same or other issues. My car gets a lot of use (4 kids under 11 manage to achieve an extensive accelerated wear programme that I am sure JLR would like to harness on all pre-production vehicles :lol: ).

This includes factory paint & trim bits that have missed the QA and also items that are showing wear, or bits that just don't look right.
1st - Post paint shop QA, nicely marked in white crayon then missed
View attachment 1034
2nd - fabric stuck onto trip next to 3rd row cup holders - this get a daily kicking and is peeling off
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle door

3rd - tape between Black roof paint & bodycolour paint in door reveal, just does not seem right and I can see this peeling off over time
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

4th - Sagging / loose rear door seal
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Window

5th - Loose trim under at bottom of front bumper
Land vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Similar 3 kids heavy use, I've not looked for these but know I have the peeling fabric, which I think was a late build addition to stop the rear seats rattling (quite so much!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Lotusdmc,
I also have the issues #2 and #4.
Issue #4 always occurs on left hand side rear door. It comes back even after I put the seal back in place.
The plastic covers in the boot tend to wear very quickly (scratches, ...).

Regards from Belgium !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi,
#1 OK, maybe not always avoidable. Something to do for the dealer.
#2 looks so cheap I can´t believe that such can be found on a €50k car :eek: :shock: :? :x
#3 reminds me of the remains of a low cost paint job :?
#4 have seen such on some other cars, too. Something to do for the dealer.
#5 broken clip?

All except #2 are signs of a lousy quality inspection to me. #2 indeed looks like the cheapest solution against rattling rear seats.

Hope that these things will improve until mine rolls out of the factory.

Not impressed :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.