Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some more info on this option. Has anyone got this on a landcover and would you recommend it?
I am thinking about it as an option but do not have enough info other than the LR videos etc.
Any help information would be much appreciated.
My last day for spec change is 13th Feb, dealer expects delivery to them late March / early April.
Thanks.

HSE auto, Kaikoura stone, almond interior, mud flaps, rubber mats, privacy glass, spare wheel, bright finish protectors, 1st and 2nd row USB charging.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Had it on my last car & didn't spec it for my DS as I tend to drive familiar roads and know the limits. Might be worth finding out if the satnav has speed limit info displayed as standard, like on my last car. The SPLI camera just overides this info if it is out of date.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Triple7,
Thanks for the reply.
I have checked the forum post on the DS Handbook and looks like the Nav System displays the speed limit for the road you are on but not the camera location warnings.
I shall have to think again about the TSR option.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, Almond interior, mud flaps, rubber mats, privacy glass, spare wheel, bright finish protectors, 1st and 2nd row USB charging.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The Nav system does show the speed limit, I drove three yesterday, SE tech, HSE and HSE lux all had it. the nav system is so much better than the old one, much quicker too.
No CD player in any of them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moose,
Thanks for the info.
Hope you enjoyed your test drives.

·
Registered
562 Posts
So just updated speed limits and motorway temp limits won't be displayed, IMHO you can handle it.. Should be standard on the HSE IMHO along with blind spot monitor which oddly isn't available as yet.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Lane change warning was std from SE tech up, Personnaly I didn't find it much use.
I agree the blind spot monitor would be more use.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Weird that in NL we actually can order blind spot motoring and things like the remote controlled heating (before the actual engine is started). Only real option I miss is ACC; the dynamic cruise control which automatically keeps a safe distance

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah, I don't think they have enough parts in the supply chain to offer all options in all markets. JLR have planned what the first vehicles can have and from there offer them out to a wider market. Good excuse to trade in DS in 12 months for another!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Maybe Warkman nows additional options available for MY2016?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Moose said:
Lane change warning was std from SE tech up, Personnaly I didn't find it much use.
I agree the blind spot monitor would be more use.
Hi Moose,

Is the lane change warning in every car, as I didn't see it as an option, nor the blind spot monitor. Or are these features to come out on later cars ?
I'm find the wait hard now as my first date was the end of this week, the moved back twice, waiting for an update from dealer now.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
As far as i know it is on all models, ie SE up, I have only driven SE tech, HSE and HSE lux and it is certainly on all those.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Any idea how this works, are there extra cameras around the car ?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The following is taken from the hand over guide;

Lane Departure Warning system uses a forward facing camera located in the base of the rear view mirror.If the vehicle crosses either of the lane markings that the vehicle is travelling in, without the activation of the appropriate indicator, the system will alert the driver via haptic feedback through the steering wheel and graphical displays in the message centre.he system can be switched on and off via a hard key or in the Vehicle Set-up menu in the instrument panel. Sensitivity is also adjusted within this menu.
The system has some limitations:
Speed must be between 50km/h (31mph) and 150km/h (93mph)
◦ Lane must be wider than 2.5m (8.2ft)
◦ Not active in off-road conditions
The performance of the Lane Departure Warning system can be affected by:
Travelling in adverse weather conditions (heavy fog, rain, snow etc.)
◦ Driving towards very bright lights
◦ Worn, damaged or temporary lane markings (road works)
◦ Driving very close to another vehicle

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can it be turned off?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts