Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I imported them onto the SatNav on my 2013 Evoque, that was easy to do, however this was on a hard drive. I do miss the speed camera warnings popping up on the sat nave screen. I'll have a go over the next few days.

Just just looked at the site you have to pay to download the files.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to the MY16 manual with CD (entertainment pack)

MY POI
Extra POIs can be downloaded and added to the list. The system can store up to 50 000 My POIs, in up to 100 groups (whichever comes first).
Free POIs can be found on the internet and downloaded to the system. The name of the imported file will be displayed as a group name. Imported icons will be displayed on the map. In order for a file or icon to be successfully downloaded, the following conditions must exist:
• The POI file must be in a GPS Exchange format (.gpx), version 1.1.
• The POI file name must not contain the following characters; -, /, ;, *, ", <,>, or |.
• The POI file name must not exceed 35 characters.
• The icon file name must match the POI file name.
• The icon size must not exceed 32x32 dots.
• The icon format must be a bitmap (.bmp) or jpeg (.jpg). To download files or icons, connect a USB device containing the POIs. See 182,

CONNECTING A DEVICE.
1. From the Nav menu, touch More....
2. Select Stored locations.
3. Touch My POI.
4. Select Add to individually select each POI group to be downloaded. Select Edit to change Name, Icon, or Sound icon, or select Delete

·
Registered
353 Posts
Has anyone worked out a way to add a speed camera database to the SD card sat nav system, hopefully with the added benefit of a notification when getting close to a camera?

I had purchased a snooper in advance of taking collection, however GPS doesn't work through the screen (yes I know there are areas by the rear view mirror, but this is impractical for my system). I then downloaded the Tom Tom app, worked fine in previous car, but twigged yesterday it doesn't work in DS because phone can't pick up GPS (doh!) Same with another app. All worked great in previous car but not the DS.

Just feel that I'm driving blind not knowing where they are.

Any help would be great!

PS. This is not intended to be a debate about the virtues of not speeding etc lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
I use a Coyote device in my current car and will for sure re-use it in my DS.
It works splendid and makes driving much more enjoyable as you no longer need to focus all the time on the speedometer.
Why not using this device?

·
Registered
353 Posts
pietbanaan said:
I use a Coyote device in my current car and will for sure re-use it in my DS.
It works splendid and makes driving much more enjoyable as you no longer need to focus all the time on the speedometer.
Why not using this device?
Because if its GPS it doesnt work through the windscreen. Even apps on iphone dont work because they cant pick up GPS signal.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ninnyd said:
Just bought my ds and found no speed cams, very pee'd about this, will look for the files to and try to add if possible and links would help greatly :shock:
I've been looking at this issue for days on various forums. Nothing of any use so far!

G

·
I have Also been trying to find out how to import traffic camera poi's. Nothing found yt?..... Even just having map updates would be good. Compared the sat nav with my Tom Tom rider 400 by having both in the car on a 200 mile journey.

The Tom Tom definitely works better, traffic cameras, picking the route etc. But when into the journey the DS sat nav still worked well and used traffic situations to amend the route. It just keeps trying to take me down narrow single track roads. :?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Try www.gpspower.net full of info but still not found what I'm looking for.............

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone know the make of the in built sat nav ? Might have found a site. Guy at rover said its Nokia, but type in nav tea and it come with Land Rover. Wondering what would be compatible File with it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ninnyd said:
Anyone know the make of the in built sat nav ? Might have found a site. Guy at rover said its Nokia, but type in nav tea and it come with Land Rover. Wondering what would be compatible File with it.
Navteq HERE, but that doesn't work for adding speed cams

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got a bit fed up with not having speed cameras on my SD based nav system so started doing some investigations..

I made a back up of the SD card that came with the car as I had a spare 8Gb card and then fished around on the copy to see what I could find out.

In the content section there is a folder called "speedcam" which contains a single empty file called "speedcamupdates" and elsewhere there is a speed warning sound (two beeps) so it looks like its set up to work but doesn't at the moment.

I also found from the file extensions and the file structure itself that the system is based on the iGo navigation system which also appears to be used by Becker Navigation Systems and corresponds to another license file called "Harman JLR...." So it looks like the system is manufactured by Harman Becker and uses the iGo navigation system at its core.

I downloaded a speed camera database that supposed to work with the Becker 43 (a guess) but it doesn't seem to work although the system did create a new file like its supposed to with the iGo8 so I think I'm on the right track.

I cant find a switch to turn the functionality on so it could be that it is working but its missing some other files like the icon for the speed camera and a different warning sound. It could be turned off in the firmware but I cant access that as its just data on the card. Also found out that the Map data is from Q1 of 2014 so a bit annoyed that the map is 2 years out of date already!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Great update. I think it's extremely poor to put it mildly that JLR have not updated the maps. I have noticed quite a few roads/ junction changes as I drive around. Not good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.