Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know if DS has a tracking system installed and if so how does it work ? I saw some clips suggesting that it is linked to In-Control app ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's an option, 'InControl Secure'.

Not sure if it's standard on HSE Lux but I think it's an option on everything else.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
179 Posts
Apps are standard on Lux; not Secure though I think. InControl Remote standard for all - with free app on your iphone/android. That also does tracking. If you download it you can see the demo - shows car location, journey details etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So, could you tell your insurance company that it has a tracker fitted as standard? =lower premium?

·
Registered
97 Posts
No no no!

'InControl' will tell you where your car is parked, but it is NOT an insurance approved tracker. You'll invalidate your insurance.

Only 'InSecure' is a full on tracker.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Have opted for the In secure, factory installed only apparently, the dealers cannot retro fit, I have no idea why.

·
Registered
270 Posts
InControl is an option on all models in Australia, but the app is not even available for download in Australia! I'd be pretty annoyed had I forked out for the option but couldn't use it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got to know from the local dealer that In-Control is not available in all countries; Malta is not included !!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ordered InControl Secure as some of the previous cars I've had, the insurance company required a Thatcham tracker, I tried to find out if Zurich needed me to have one fitted this time, but at time of ordering they couldn't tell me if it would be as it was on their system at that time, me thinking that because this was going to be a more expensive car this time they might require it and would be better to have have a factory fitted inControl Secure.
It turns out they didn't require me to have this, so guess its a waste of £500.
The only different on the iphone app is a button under the Land Rover Assistance Call button there is another button says Tracking Call Centre.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Canadian market, so your mileage may vary...
Options:
InControl Remote - included with all models
InControl Apps - option available for all models ($500)
InControl Secure - not an option for any models
InControl Wifi - not an option for any models

1 - 10 of 10 Posts