Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I found this too so my DS will be without a towbar and I'll find a way of taking the bike apart or taking my wife's car with a temporary rack.

Since carrying 1/2 mountain bikes is all my Freelander towbars have been used for I looked at the roof bars for DS;
£567 for the longitudinal rails,
£239 for the cross bars plus roof mounted bike carrier at £236.
The extras are all extremely expensive, e.g. body side mouldings £299 (but worth it not to have dinged doors), Meridian sound system (that I have std in my Freelander XS) £2500 - no thanks

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Interestingly enough the full electrically operated factory fitted towbar costs Euro 1300 in Germany including tax (19%). At the current exchange rate that's around £930.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We paid approx £750-£800 for the dealer fit Landrover fixed flanged bar and 13 pin electrics. We requested at time of ordering the car. i'm not sure that this was the correct costing as when I checked on the original configurator on the LR DS site the ciost was considerably more. Like you I could not find any alternatives.
From my experience with the previous Freelander, it's better to pay for the OEM bar as it negates any issues with future warranty. I had a non LR bar fitted (by the supplying dealer) and had issues with indicators and reverse park sensors. It was sorted eventually (the dealer eventually agreed to fit the OEM LR electrics pack) but was a bit of a pain working through it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Beast said:
srdsol said:
Blimey, and I thought £562 + vat for the removable one was a bit strong :shock:
Was that a LR option and were you actually able to get one? If so I think I might tackle my dealer and see about a refit and a refund.
Beast, I specced tow bar at time of order so guess it was fitted during build, roof bars were dealer fit though and I ordered those at the same time.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I do not think the factory bars have the same mark up as the dealer fit hence the bar and electric is a better buy if ordered with the car.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Removeable towbar including electrics costs eur 730 from LR in NL so circa gbp 575

·
Registered
829 Posts
What is strange that all 2.2 TD4s and SD4s also have the removeable towbar in NL straight from factory. Not sure why this is an issue in the UK?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.