Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not sure if it also applies to a DS (probably does) but there is a procedure to get an auto Evoque into Neutral with the engine off, as long as the battery is ok.

1. Turn ignition on (don't start engine)
2. Press and hold brake pedal
3. While holding brake pedal pull on the shift-up lever for about 15 secs
4. Gear selector will rise up
5. Put selector in N
6. Release parking brake
7. Push car
Remember you will have no power steering or brake assist without engine running.

I believe the car also automatically drops out of neutral after 10minutes, so it's not for a long tow home.

Hope this is useful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Land Rover has now instructed the dealer to replace a component called the Body Control Unit (this is the only component reporting an issue). This is a significant part of the electronics, so seems to me to be a reasonable approach.

Will be done within a couple of days.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That was a quick diagnosis and getting the part! Pity it was required in the first place though. I guess as a new model there will be a few teething problems.
When I bought my first XF when they were first launched there was a control problem with the gear change mechanism and an issue with the fuel flap not opening but they got these issues solved pretty quickly. Here's hoping the same speed is employed on the DS issues!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.