Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've got my VIN, I've got my Reg. No. but not my car, like many others!

I've gone into TOPIx and filled in my VIN and got the page up for my car, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. I was hoping more knowledgeable forum members could help me.

On the bright side, I can see my build date was March 10th, my dealer had told me it was (Friday) March 13th. I'm not superstitious but I'm still quite pleased!!!

On the right hand side I have an 'Activity stream'. Are these actions that have already been applied to my car?
I paid for an hour of access so I could view the actions in the stream, but all that did was explain the issues, it didn't confirm if the remedies had actually been actioned.
Can I assume if they are in the stream they've already been done?

Above that it says, "There are currently no outstanding Field Service Actions for this vehicle"

I'm reading that as a positive, that there's nothing else that needs doing before the car is released, but am I right?

And if I am, why oh why if the car was built on the 10th is it not at my dealer yet? I've got a collection booked for 28th, but my dealer hasn't confirmed for sure and based on others experiences here I'm starting to worry the car won't be there in time.

If anyone knows what all this 'TOPIx' stuff means, please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help and answer the above.

Oh, and regarding the idea of a group of us clubbing together to buy a years subscription to TOPIx, I think that's a great idea and I'd be happy to chip in.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm in much the same boat - though in my case, my VIN is in the quarantine range, and TOPIx has the 2nd row electric seat release as an "Outstanding Campaign" - nothing else listed in that section. I have no idea if those below the line, heading "Activity Stream", have actually been actioned. Some certainly are not applicable to my vehicle (eg Russian translation error etc).

Re build dates, dealers seem to always give the Friday date - ie week ending. I was told the build date was Friday 27th Feb, TOPIx says it was Wed 25th. Others also always seem to quote Friday dates as the build date they are given.

I'm interested to see that with your build date of 10th March - 3 days before the quarantine notice was issued - this apparently doesn't appear as an item 'above the line' for you. Pleased for you! Is your VIN in the quarantine range or did you escape that?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I'm outside the quarantine range - thank God!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've registered but not allowed access, what am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
179 Posts
mattrix299 said:
And if I am, why oh why if the car was built on the 10th is it not at my dealer yet? I've got a collection booked for 28th, but my dealer hasn't confirmed for sure and based on others experiences here I'm starting to worry the car won't be there in time.
I too would love to know what happens between the build date and delivery to dealer. Mine is still not flagged to be called by the dealer and was built on 25/02. So where on earth is it and what have they been doing with it? At least some other vehicles built two or more weeks later have long since been delivered to their owners... I have been given no explanation other than 'its delayed' (again). In fairness to the dealer, I get the impression that they are as much in the dark as everyone else. Come on Land Rover UK, surely you know that customer satisfaction starts with keeping your customers fully informed!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Triple7 said:
If you registered as 'independent operator' as an individual - leave the company details etc on the right blank - and you get to the log in screen, you then need the VIN on the next screen. Or are you not getting that far?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any reason why Topix would not show my car - all I get is VIN not found. Using full VIN or short VIN with CA514....or LC514.....and still the same, VIN not found...

If I try a car one digit either side of mine with same format as above it works but not mine. Dealer sent me copy of order from their system so I'm getting the VIN from there. Order status shows "Order built" and "Off Assembly"

Bit worried - does my car exist!! Anyone else had this or any idea why it's not showing?

·
Registered
562 Posts
TugPilot said:
Triple7 said:
If you registered as 'independent operator' as an individual - leave the company details etc on the right blank - and you get to the log in screen, you then need the VIN on the next screen. Or are you not getting that far?
Thanks TP, I registered and never saw the screen for entering VIN. The next thing was my confirmation email being sent and that's as far as I can get.

Maybe I'll try re-registering....

·
Registered
89 Posts
I entered my vin after registering but it says it's invalid? Car built but not yet at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
For recently built cars they may not yet of entered the details onto the vin, particularly if they are stil at the factory - so I am told.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.