Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can someone please explain the Topix site to me.

I have a build date for late August and am wondering what into I can get.

What do I need to create an account and how much is it?

Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It is free to set up an account, just click register along the top of the site.

Once registered you will need the VIN number of your car, enter this and you will get information on what the car has factory fitted, build date etc and if there are any outstanding service campaigns.

You can then have an option of paying which will let you download service manuals and TSBs, most of us don't do this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I don't have a VIN yet.

Could the Vin from my Freelander 2 work?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Loopylumpy said:
Could the Vin from my Freelander 2 work?
Yes, It will give you the information on your Freelander, but obviously not for your new DS.

You can pick the DS in the drop down menus and so view the owners manual and accessory instructions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is Topix available in other countries as well? I get error messages all the time and doesnt let me in. Country Cyprus

·
Registered
381 Posts
thois said:
Is Topix available in other countries as well? I get error messages all the time and doesnt let me in. Country Cyprus
If you select language as English it will then let you select Cyprus as your country, does that help?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got in and found the spec of my Freelander.

Blimmin expensive to see more than the basic info.

The sort of into on the activity stream is interesting. I guess it gets uploaded every time it goes into a JLR dealer? Odd stuff like losing a DAB channel is on there along with stuff about it not starting and problems with an oil pump. I've had the car when new so I guess that was all factory quality control stuff.

It even knows it has Pirelli tyres and an SD4 HSE badge on the boot.

So I have the build date for my DS. It's in August. So how do I get hold of the VIN so I can track its progress.

Could we not all subscribe through this site to get greater access? I guess that's asking too much.

I am tempted to cough up 15 quid for an hour, but I'm not sure what I'd find or if it would be worth it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank you Discoloz, I have emailed them and unlocked it, something was wrong. from their end.
But my dealer wont give me a VIN number. How do you know bbuild date without VIN? Any other way. to find
the VIN?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer - why by the way is impressed I know about Topix suggested a "Common Order Number" or "Factory Order Number". May help get info.

What are these numbers, and how do I get them?

·
Registered
381 Posts
You won't know the VIN number until the car is built, so it is a catch 22 situation.

The dealer however should be able to tell you the date as it comes up on their system, it is usually a Friday this is the weekending date of the build.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.