Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've previously owned Range Rovers and currently have a Freelander 2 HSE. Giving some thought to updating the Freelander, I was somewhat taken aback to learn that it was shortly to meet its demise to be replaced by the new Disco Sport. I needed a 'proper' 4x4 - having previously driven across Europe, Iceland and to the Northern Arctic - and considered either picking up one of the last Freelanders or going with the new DS.

Leaving aside the slight price hike, the Disco - on paper and according to the reviews I've read - would seem to be in a new league. Although in my experience the Freelander has been a very good car to drive, capable and reliable, one of the chief selling points for me of the DS is the more flexible and improved load space. The more advanced technical specs and claimed interior quality and design are also a big plus.

I did consider holding fire until the new Ingenium engines are available. However, whilst Land Rover has announced that the first new engine version will be priced from <£30k with lower emissions, this will be only 2WD. So far as I know, no details have yet been released concerning when the 4WD version will hit the showrooms and what the power output/emissions will be - and, of course, how much it'll cost!

I have been happy with the SD4 engine (as in the Freelander and Evoke). So, it came down to whether to order now and benefit from what I perceive will be a significantly higher trade-in value on my Freelander - which I suspect will reduce significantly once the Disco Sport is on the streets - or wait for the new Ingenium version that may not be available until towards the end of 2015. Decision now made, a new Disco Sport HSE Auto (Scotia) is on order.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm happy with the current engine, it's proved to be bomb proof over my 3 Fl2s and Evoque. The ingenium will probably be better but for me it's unknown, untried and untested, plus there will be an inevitable price hike using the new engine as an excuse.

·
Administrator
245 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the new order.. I hope to hear exciting stories about the trips you'll take in it! I bet Iceland and the Northern Artic were fun?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.