Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am currently in negotiations to place an order for a MY16 DS. HSE Auto, Yulong white, privacy glass, black contrast roof, deployable towbar, mudflaps. I have read a few negative experiences on here which makes me a little nervous. I am spending circa £42k and expect a quality product for that sort of money... I know that all manufacturers are guilty of that "Friday Afternoon" car, but can you share your personal experiences please... good or bad...

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
72 Posts
You'll only hear negative comments on a forum.. I'm sure there will be a few hundred very satisfied owners that you'll never hear from...

I joined not long after ordering and thought 'what have I done!!!?'

Now really looking forward to it..

Go for one more test drive.. If you're smiling at the end... Then you'll know

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks white tiger, those were my thoughts as well... But it's an awful lot of money and I just hope not to end up with a lemon....

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I had a wobble after reading posts on here but in the end I'm sticking with my order and hoping for the best :?

Only had 1 problem rrsport in 15 years of LR ownership despite the naysayers and using finance for added protection this time in case I'm wrong ;)

Roll on the 4th September when I get back in a LR vehicle again - missing my rrsport now so looking forward to the permagrin once more :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you want a from delivery perfect car, rather buy established german models i.e. Q5, if you like want character design and off road capabilities with imperfect interior and some little this and there issues buy DS. I was changing from Audi to DS and did not regret yet :)

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I'm sure if you join audi forum you'll find owners with problems too ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sure you have issues with all cars, I was not writing this to start the useless discussion on 'what is better' again. Post was asking fir feedback, this is my subjective one especially considering interior detail / perfection quality. Like my DS but as mentionend based on other pros...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Have a YouTube session and they all love it apart from a few minor things... It's got fantastic reviews

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nick2611 said:
Hi All,

I am currently in negotiations to place an order for a MY16 DS. HSE Auto, Yulong white, privacy glass, black contrast roof, deployable towbar, mudflaps. I have read a few negative experiences on here which makes me a little nervous. I am spending circa £42k and expect a quality product for that sort of money... I know that all manufacturers are guilty of that "Friday Afternoon" car, but can you share your personal experiences please... good or bad...

Thanks

Nick
Like all cars, there are minor issues. I expect that most of them, will be fixed in the 2016 version (the one, me and I ordered)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all, think I've heard enough to go ahead with the order tomorrow... It's like anything else I suppose. We own a caravan, and according to forums there isn't a good one out there... Ours is spot on....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whitetiger said:
Have a YouTube session and they all love it apart from a few minor things... It's got fantastic reviews
Good call... Will do that now...

·
Registered
353 Posts
My mate bought a HSE DS when they came out, he had one of the first, he loves it, doesn't come on here, and has none of the issues raised on here. And some issues like the sat nav not showing place names he has never even realised!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think once you are on here you go looking for the same faults on your own vehicle.. I tend not to look on the negative tread..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Order placed today.. Got an amazing deal. Played hard ball, combined with an element of mates rates and a lot of luck to get £2770 pre VAT discount off car and factory options (8%)... Used 64 plate cars are going for more.....

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Nick2611 said:
Order placed today.. Got an amazing deal. Played hard ball, combined with an element of mates rates and a lot of luck to get £2770 pre VAT discount off car and factory options (8%)... Used 64 plate cars are going for more.....
Well done Nick, probably hasn't been any replies as yet as we are all jealous.

Can you add the spec of your car to your sign in so everybody can see what you have ordered.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks philn, I thought I had added the spec... I can see it at the the bottom of the comments I post... Have I set it up wrong?

·
Registered
114 Posts
nice colour :)

it is an awesome car, I love mine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.