Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any colour coded the black bits yet? Eg the sills, wheel arches, front and lower bumpers?
I noticed the top spec Range Rover Sport is colour coded which looks great so wondered if it would work well on the Discovery Sport?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wait for the faceloft....

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've had the front and rear lower scuttle panels painted gloss black ...I think the wheel arch plastics would stone chip badly if not factory painted.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Came across this from another forum, a bit OTT for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Freel2.com, don't know who the car belongs to, it was someone getting their freely painted that came across it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Paul I saw your black on the members gallery section, I was thinking of getting the front and rear under carriage scuff guards painted black too to set off the black pack but haven't seen it as yet, would you mind posting a pic of the front and back for reference and can i ask how much it cost to be done/was it easy to get somebody to do it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
We had the light grey cover on the back of the hood (UK version it's a pedestrian airbag cover - US version has no airbag) removed and color matched with the same factory metallic black paint as the top. In our opinion, the light grey cover on the hood just looked out of sorts with the rest of our black pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
HSE_LUX said:
We had the light grey cover on the back of the hood (UK version it's a pedestrian airbag cover - US version has no airbag) removed and color matched with the same factory metallic black paint as the top. In our opinion, the light grey cover on the hood just looked out of sorts with the rest of our black pack.
I agree with the grey looking out of sorts. Don't know why JLR didn't change it to black from factory for cars with black pack.
Unfortunately in Australia we have the pedestrian airbag so we are not able to paint the cover I have been told... May look into having it vinyl wrapped though

·
Registered
71 Posts
I really like the look of ur car Disco.
The paint shop just seem a little sceptical about the front bumper. They think the paint could lift because there is no definitive line of separation and water could get underneath the paint. (I'm no paint expert so I'm just taking their word for it)

·
Registered
353 Posts
HSE_LUX said:
Think if you've done that to the bonnet cover you need to do the grey scuff plate under the bumper. Surely the two matched before, now the scuff plate looks out of sorts. Only my opinion though.

·
Registered
353 Posts
DiscoSyd said:
HSE_LUX said:
I agree with the grey looking out of sorts. Don't know why JLR didn't change it to black from factory for cars with black pack.
Unfortunately in Australia we have the pedestrian airbag so we are not able to paint the cover I have been told... May look into having it vinyl wrapped though
No tech knowledge here but surely if you can't paint it, vinyl wrapping wouldn't be allowed either. If the cover breaks up when the air bag goes off (no idea if this is the case) then vinyl would be worse than paint.?.?.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rickyk74 said:
DiscoSyd said:
HSE_LUX said:
No tech knowledge here but surely if you can't paint it, vinyl wrapping wouldn't be allowed either. If the cover breaks up when the air bag goes off (no idea if this is the case) then vinyl would be worse than paint.?.?.
I'll have to look into that a bit more and report back

·
Registered
385 Posts
philn said:
Wouldn't have thought the pedestrian airbag cover breaks up, would assume it is ejected out of the way.
I don't think it would break either. It's the same material as the underage guards. Most of us don't have an airbag anyway. Wrap it. It's the easiest.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts