Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
It is in the instrument display menu system, from memory you can only change the setting with the ignition on and not when the engine is running.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sit in drivers seat with the key, press the start/stop button but don't let the engine start, it is then available in the vehicle settings menu, using the left buttons on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Mine defaults back to light load when i switch off, seems a waste of time.

G

·
As Argo said - surely the message is telling you what the pressures are suitable for, based on the pressure in them? There would be no point in the message if you could set it to whatever you want.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Given there are two different tyre pressures listed, normal and fully loaded, I assumed that you needed to tell the system which you had inflated the tyres to else how would it know what to monitor. Clearly if you inflate to the fully loaded level and do not tell the monitoring software it will tell you they're over inflated - or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Inflated the tyres due to pulling the caravan, change the monitor to full load, next day it reset itself to light load, I then reset it for the second time, next day it had changed itself back to light load.
I have other more important niggles for the dealer to sort and on the basis if the pressure drops below light load from full load I will have a problem, ie a puncture, I am just leaving it.

Tyres are still at full pressure, I did recheck.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So it doesn't give an over inflation warning if set to light load and you pump them up to high load? Well, that's rubbish - over inflation is potentially worse than under inflation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 1451 View attachment 1451 View attachment 1451 View attachment 1451 I am having the same thing happen (the notice comes on saying tire pressure monitoring set to light load) and I think I figured it out!

Looking through the menus, I found the factory recommendations for PSI at different loads (see attachment). All four of my tires appear to be over filled, which I think automatically triggers a light load setting. Does anyone who is not seeing this warning have their PSI lower?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Lofi said:
So it doesn't give an over inflation warning if set to light load and you pump them up to high load? Well, that's rubbish - over inflation is potentially worse than under inflation.
It appears to only detect low pressure

The tyre pressure warning lamp illuminates when one or more of the tyres are significantly under-inflated, accompanied by a message in the message centre. Stop and check the tyres as soon as possible and inflate them to the recommended pressure.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Muddywheels said:
Lofi said:
It appears to only detect low pressure

The tyre pressure warning lamp illuminates when one or more of the tyres are significantly under-inflated, accompanied by a message in the message centre. Stop and check the tyres as soon as possible and inflate them to the recommended pressure.
That's the whole idea of the system i.e. to detect low tyre pressure which can present a potential safety issue.

It's really a bye product of the device that it can be used to show excessive pressure as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Every time the ignition is switched on, a TPMS message is displayed in the message centre, to indicate which load setting is being monitored.
So this is normal - I would expect it to remember the last used loading but maybe it's a safety feature in case you unhook the caravan and empty the car and forget :?

As a caravaner for many years I carry a compressor for lowering pressure next morning after tyres had cooled following a tow and inflating before hitching when we left site but rarely saw others doing this.

I also used to take a long time packing LR with gear out of van to get weight right which annoyed swmbo when she saw people just hitch up and go

Made me wonder about some outfits especially when I heard overturned caravan on travel bulletins

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.