Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
My 2016 SE Tech as just been in for service at Guy Salmon Wakefield and the health check indicates TIMING CHAIN RATTLING,
the cost of repair is £2535, the vehicle has done 37000 miles and has a full main dealer service history.
The dealer never mentioned a goodwill contribution but after some research I have requested this.
I have spoke to my insurance legal advice (AA) and they think Land Rover should cover the cost of the repair in full under some consumer goods law.
Has anyone else had this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Andy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this problem right now on my 2016 discovery HSE. I had the sprocket changed which is a common problem with the discovery sport as my mechanic found a Technical service bulletin online here https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10105744-9340.pdf

we had it changed and ran fine now there is a loud rattling sound coming from the timing chain area, and we think it may be the tensioner. Which is $157 Canadian from the dealership. I am hoping to get it back in the coming days and I can update than.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Land Rover have just called to confirm that this will be repaired with no cost to myself,
I have been provided with a courtesy car (2021 Evoque) until my discovery is returned.
I am still a bit unhappy with Guy Salmon Wakefield due to them saying that my only option was to pay the full amount.
A good result though in the end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
andysmiff said:
Land Rover have just called to confirm that this will be repaired with no cost to myself,
I have been provided with a courtesy car (2021 Evoque) until my discovery is returned.
I am still a bit unhappy with Guy Salmon Wakefield due to them saying that my only option was to pay the full amount.
A good result though in the end.
Great result at the end. Did Guy Salmon deal with the enquiry with Land Rover to cover the cost or did you bring it up with them?

Beadles Land Rover near me are charging one hour labour rate to check my rattle, @ £216. Just wondering the best way to tackle the issue. My car has is also a 2016 but has a lot more mileage at 77k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I rang Land Rover Customer Services who directed me back to the dealer to raise the issue.
I did tell them that i would be looking to upgrade my vehicle in the next year and would be looking elsewhere if this didn't turn out well.
The dealer is now struggling to get parts for the repair so I have a courtesy car for now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
andysmiff said:
I rang Land Rover Customer Services who directed me back to the dealer to raise the issue.
I did tell them that i would be looking to upgrade my vehicle in the next year and would be looking elsewhere if this didn't turn out well.
The dealer is now struggling to get parts for the repair so I have a courtesy car for now.
Thanks for the details. Hopefully you get your car back soon and its like new!

·
Registered
69 Posts
We're in almost exactly the same scenario. 2016 HSE. 50K miles. Had oil dilution issue when about 12 months old. Now needs the timing chain sorting.

LR have offered 80%, but that would still leave about £500 to pay.

Did they offer you 100% straight off, or did you have to 'fight' for it?

Also sent you a PM.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're in almost exactly the same scenario. 2016 HSE. 50K miles. Had oil dilution issue when about 12 months old. Now needs the timing chain sorting.

LR have offered 80%, but that would still leave about £500 to pay.

Did they offer you 100% straight off, or did you have to 'fight' for it?

Also sent you a PM.

Thanks
Initially the dealer asked me to pay the £2500, but after telling them that I wanted a contribution from Land Rover they came back and said it would be done at no cost to myself.
They've had the car for over 3 weeks now and still haven't got the parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts