Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My Father-in-law has a 2016 2.0L Diesel that he has owned since new. It has done 65,000 miles and always been yearly serviced at a LR approved garage. He has had three Landrovers from the same dealership in the past 10 years.

He has a loud rattling coming from the engine and Hardwoods LR Garage have told him it's the timing chain. Apparently, metal has come off this and got into the oil and other parts and he has been quoted £7,000 for new parts or £10,000 for a new engine. My argument is, that this should NOT have happened on a 4-year-old diesel car that has only done 65,000 miles :shock: LR should be looking after him as a loyal customer, NOT charging an extortionate amount to repair a car that should not even need a repair at such a young age / low mileage.

Comments on the garage's report: ' Customer concern of timing chain becoming noisy. Confirm noise from the engine. Upon further inspection of engine and oil filter, have found engine is damaged internally as well.'

By the way, £7,000 does include the cost of 'minor' things like replacing brake pads, etc. He also needs a new exhaust - could this have been caused by metal from the timing chain damaging it?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to update you and thank you for all of your help and advice!

JLR rang my Father-in-Law yesterday to tell him that they will be putting a new engine and exhaust into the car.....at NO COST whatsoever to him! :) Just goes to show what you can achieve with a bit of perseverance! Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts