Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long are dealers gererally saying they have the car for, between delivery to them, and collection? Assuming here no significant dealer fit extras...?

My stealer is simply telling me that delivery to them is due on Fri 13/3, but is yet to actually answer my question as to when that means I can get my hands on it!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I was told by Guy Salmon, that it is 4 working days from factory to dealer and approximately 4 working day at the dealers

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sealer phoned me today, yes phoned me. Told me that DS is due with them on Monday. Tells me should be ready for collection on Thursday or Friday. Yay.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what exactly are they actually doing with it for 3 to 4 working days then? I'd have thought its get it off transporter, token wash / polish, add some 'new car smell' air spray, add number plates, & get customer to clear it off site asap?! Sounds like about 30 mins worth of effort to me...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Delivery to dealer to us took 4 days. This took into account a delay as we were held up as waiting for retention certificate to come through. Once retention was here we got the car in 24 hours.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Depending on the accessories you select, these are fitted when the car arrives at the dealers. Also the detachable front and rear covers on the bumper aren't fitted from the factory, these are in the boot, plus preperation of the car for handover.

What's going to hold my one up is I'm taking it out with my reg on, the retention was done before the car was built.

·
Registered
506 Posts
j77
What's going to hold my one up is I'm taking it out with my reg on, the retention was done before the car was built.
Why should that take extra time. My retention was done prior to build too, and my FL2 was replated at that time.

Dealer has my V5 as he did it all, so it's just a case of making up the plates when the vehicle arrives, same as all the 15 plate ones that will arrive with it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yep it should be quicker this time, everything's done just need a car. The D4 took forever but then that car was already registered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.