Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I purchased my first DS in 2019. 66 plate in SE Tech trim, Santorini black. Absolutely loved it.
took the works truck to Toyota for a service and ended up swapping the DS for a CHR. Sensible choice so I thought.
mended up getting rid of this after 5 months of issues (on a brand new car) and ordering a brand new RAV4.
love the rav but it’s not a LR. 😒
Off to look at a 17 plate SE Tech in Aintree Green tomorrow with 45k on the clock.
many advise? Am I mad getting rid of a 9 month old car with 5 years warranty for a DS again?
Anything major I should look out for.
cheers

·
Registered
388 Posts
Going to ask the obvious, what's the point of a 5 year warranty if the car isn't reliable?
We all hate wasting time at the dealership trying to get a hire car, or even just drinking coffee and eating pastries.
Good news is the 17 plate should be very similar to the 66 plate. Round about the 18 plates LR modified the Adblue system and they drink considerably (5-10 times) more than the earlier versions.
Don't under any circumstances test drive a D240, you will not be happy if you eventually end up with a D180.
Not doing many miles - seriously consider petrol, then again if you are worried about fuel consumption don't buy a Land Rover

1 - 2 of 2 Posts