Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First week with the car, looks great, drives great - I love it but 2 things irritate me.

The info system is over complicated, not easy to use and dangerous whilst driving as you have to stretch too far to do simple things - I am tall by the way.

The rear seats do not fold flat - I did not realise this until I went to fold them today - big big mistake I feel

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Not sure that you are aware but when you let the rear seats down you have to manually push them down after folding to lock. Still not flat but better that in the fold position .Release them by pulling the recline levers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Philn - I will try that right now - thanks. Such a shame that the seat base doesn't tilt 90 feh to allow the seat back to fold flat.

·
Registered
138 Posts

3;45 into this video shows the seat fold options really well

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Peter79 - that is a really useful video.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The reason they don't fold flat is due to the recline seating, unnecessary IMO.

Just to add to this list -

Ambient lighting
Reverse lights are completely useless, very dim
Seat belts don't adjust at the B pillar

·
Registered
179 Posts
apc67 said:
Philn - I will try that right now - thanks. Such a shame that the seat base doesn't tilt 90 feh to allow the seat back to fold flat.
But I suspect then, they would not slide fore and aft. I'm personally happy with the compromise to achieve that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Things that they got wrong
Quality of some of the plastics, centre console could have been finished much better for example
General quality assurance little bits here and there missing, loose or wrong
Fit of panels, never had a new car with so many squeaks and rattles
Thankfully all just niggles than major issues so far

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm picking mine up next week as its at the dealers waiting, i won't be a happy if its got rattles, i'm about to PX a D3 which hasn't let me down once let alone rattled!

The quality of that car is outstanding and has been great, for the money i'm paying for a HSE Lux with extras i could have bought a D4 but i've opted for the DS out of brand loyalty and desireability.

I hope ive made the right decision as a PORSCHE Macan would equally suffice.............. :evil:

·
Registered
677 Posts
My one had one squeak from the back seats, which has now been fixed, silent motoring :D

The interior plastics are spot on, they are designed for a more active lifestyle and are more harder wearing than is Range Rover counter parts. Though I did have a Range Rover Evoque Dynamic as a loan car and I'm not overly impressed with the look of the interior and was riddled with rattles.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There have been a number of posts on the poor performance of the reversing lights. Interesting that on ToPix (SSM72221) there is an entry for reversing lights. Maybe a bulb change?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Steering wheel to thin, would prefer a chunkier one............

·
Registered
677 Posts
The load space cover seems pretty flimsy. My ones lying in the shed, which has eliminated all the creaks coming from the boot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts