Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just after I had taken delivery of my SE I was cruising down the motorway and started playing with the new controls. I happened to be fiddling with electronic brake lever and before I know it, low and behold, the back brakes engage in an emergency fashion and I'm all over the road at 130kph.... quite surprised it can be activated at high speeds - I won't allow my teenage son in the front seat - if it is so easy to activate he will most certainly do it with his ADHD tendencies... anyone else had such a nasty experience?

·
Registered
80 Posts
i was told about this on our landrover experience you have to keep it pulled up for a few seconds before it engages as we did an experiment and I operated the brake while he drove towards a barrier, its only the same as someone pulling the brake handle hard, also good if the driver collapses a passenger can operate the brake, its just very effective at stopping the car

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why would you be driving at 130 kph and fiddling with the controls?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ditto Biggles. Why would you be playing with the controls while driving at 130kph? And why on earth were you 'fiddling' with the electronic brake at all?
It's not like it has any purpose other than to stop the car!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I can't believe there isn't a warning about such fiddling in the handbook - maybe it's in the American version :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Moose said:
Fiddling can sent to blind - allegedly :lol:
And nobody shut their eyes at 130kph, not good (just thought I should give a warning there moose, might be a litigious lot) :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Also fiddling can lead to forgetting to use spellcheck lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts