Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the thirty odd pages from the Discovery Sport handover and reference guide which is actually quite good, and I have come across a highlighted statement toward the end which reads -
For a more memorable experience, cover the vehicle alongside a welcome board displaying the customer's name. Take a photo of the key handover. Place a small gift inside the car; Land Rover memento, flowers, favourite CD/DVD.
lets see shall we.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Unlikely me thinks, but it would certainly be nice!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes and hell will freeze over the day that happens :lol: I got flowers the first time I bought a LR but not anymore, also they have stopped covering the car up at my dealership, its now left outside in the handover area.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got the works when I bought another British Icon made just down the road to JLR. Flowers/ cuddly toys for kids and a bottle of very expensive fizz. Got nothing with any of the JLR products I have bought though :eek:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Asked the salesman to put a bow on it for my wife! See if he delivers. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Told my salesman I expect to collect from inside the showroom, (they appear to just dump them outside, hence I have pitched the level of my expectations!)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The amount of time they will need to spend with all the gismo's on modern cars going through the handover, I am expecting lunch.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Triple7 said:
Told my salesman I expect to collect from inside the showroom, (they appear to just dump them outside, hence I have pitched the level of my expectations!)
I like that idea - I doubt they will though

·
Registered
677 Posts
It used to be standard practice with LR, now it seems they just leave them outside.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would rather collect from outside. My second Disco was put in the showroom and left unlocked, when I took my insurance details in a few days before collection there was some bloke and his misses sitting in it. to say I was mad does not do my fury justice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I was in for a test drive a few weeks ago I wondered why there were a couple cars in the show room covered up - that explains it!
Will be interesting to see if that happens for my car - believe the dealer is having a 'handover day' so expecting to hand over 20 odd new cars - hope they have a lot of covers. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
I go to the handover centre, collect the keys and go. The best I'm likely to get is a cup of coffee and a 2 minute drive back to work (not knocking it though - don't have to put up with salesmen or dealerships

1 - 12 of 12 Posts