Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's me signing out - nice knowing you guys and thanks for the entertaining discussions, but the time has to come to say Goodbye.

Beast

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Can I ask why? - have I missed something?

As above - all the best

·
Registered
502 Posts
There is a little spat on the Park Assist thread, but nothing too awful. I've seen far, far worse on other forums. Sad to see anyone go. The world would be a poorer place if we all had the same opinions.

All the best and enjoy driving the coast road around Holkham!

·
Registered
677 Posts
We had a couple of difference of opinions. Nothing, I hope, that has caused you to leave.

Anyway all the best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for the nice comments and private messages - very kind of you all - but I have confirmed to Rob that he should delete the account.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Beast said:
Thanks all for the nice comments and private messages - very kind of you all - but I have confirmed to Rob that he should delete the account.
Beast (!) "The requested user does not exist."

A few things

Is this thread really appropriate to be in the "Main Discovery Sport chat" forum.

l don't know what straw broke the camels back, but he did appear to take a very uncompromising line for things *he* didn't think were neccesary (auto-wipers a safety risk !, considering people he saw in a car wash "lazy", are two I seem to recall)

You'd assume that someone who apparently was in the police, and had to deal with all sorts of people in daily life, wouldn't be so sensitive when people pushed back.

Seemed to me a bit "I'm taking my ball with me", in the concerted effort required of going thru many many posts, wiping them out and replacing with "deleted", but they were his posts to delete.

...anyhow, on with the regular programming.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
It was weird to be honest - felt like a drama queen throwing all of their toys out of the pram.

Spooky...

:twisted:

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is strange, I am a member of a few forums, and have never witnessed this before, obviously something has made him request to be deleted completely, usually any heated comments on posts get forgotten if left dormant for long enough, just feel for those who think they may have upset him and contributed to his reasons to leave, Maybe Admin could at least put their minds at rest! The only other thing that may have contributed, is he put a link to his Driving Improvement Business on one of his posts, maybe that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
In life you give a little stick and l give plenty, on the other hand, you have to take it on the chin if others reply to your remarks, lf you keep throwing your toys out the pram, eventually you will have no toys to play with.
Regards tony

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I read all the posts leading up to beast leaving and personally didn't see anything in them to cause it.
I personally don't think he helped himself when he told the forum he was an ex traffic cop and gave the impression that because of this he knew more about things than others did.
He also said he could reverse a 51 foot trailer in the dark without parking aids to within an inch of target, being probably one of the worst reversers on here I found this difficult to believe.
We will all have differences of opinions on here but as long as we respect each others no harm done.

·
Registered
344 Posts
merctony said:
In life you give a little stick and l give plenty, on the other hand, you have to take it on the chin if others reply to your remarks, lf you keep throwing your toys out the pram, eventually you will have no toys to play with.
Regards tony
Agree Tony.
"If you can't stand the heat don't come into the kitchen"

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm sure he will be on here again under a different name ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.